Joker II: Folie a Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joker II: Folie a Deux

Joker 2 might happen after all, with Warner Bros acting on the runaway success of the first film

Seems like a sequel to this summers big hitter is moving forward with Warners now also considering if the success can be emulated with another character as well. Philips and Phoenix both look to be returning for the next chapter.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 08-06-2022, 06:54.

And quickly rolled back, apparently not yet in talks
    Clearly...

Comment

A film that in no way needs a sequel - please, just for once let a film exist without tainting it with weaker and weaker sequels for money's sake.

Comment

Just read on Dark Horizons that Todd Phillips had a percentage profit agreement with Warners for the first film a bit like the one Downey Jr had for the Iron Man films where he got paid a base rate then got a % of the profits. The film cost $50m to make and was hoped to be a success but not to the levels of the other more mainstream DC films so at best he hoped to get a tidy top up. The $1bn success of the film though looks to have netted him an unexpected total pay day for the film of $100m - there will 110% be a sequel he's now dying to make.

Comment

Joker 2: Joaquin Phoenix pictured reading script as new movie’s announced (msn.com)
          The film is moving ahead with confirmation coming via a photo of Phoenix reading the script for the film which is currently going by the name Joker: Folie a Deux

Comment

Loved the first one and definitely up for a second portion.

Comment

Wasn't that keen on the first one but this one has a cool subtitle.

Comment

Phoenix is probably my favourite actor. Although I had issues with the film, he was fantastic in it and didn't dial in a single scene. I'd be happy to watch him do more. The direction just needs tightening up on the next one.

Comment

I don’t know if I need another one. But then I didn’t need the first one either and actually really enjoyed it. I just hope it doesn’t lean into Batman elements. I definitely don’t need those.

Comment

Lady Gaga In Talks For "Joker 2" Musical - Dark Horizons
                    Lady Gaga is in talks to play Harley Quinn in the sequel which is said to contain multiple musical numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Lady Gaga In Talks For "Joker 2" Musical - Dark Horizons
                      Lady Gaga is in talks to play Harley Quinn in the sequel which is said to contain multiple musical numbers
                      I think one of the origin stories for Quinn is a burlesque/stage actress which would explain the singing. I don't think it's going to go down the le mis route.

Comment

I can see how in context to the original film the introduction of Harley would make strong sense. I'm not sure about it being via her as a performer, based on the original the psychologist route seems to make more sense but I guess I should just have faith in it given the first film held up. It's still mostly weird that it barely fits around the Batman mythology at all

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          It's still mostly weird that it barely fits around the Batman mythology at all
                          I’m fine with this. I need no more Batman.

Comment

Yep. The only parts in the first that I didn’t need were the parts that connected it to Batman. The weak link in any Batman-related media is usually Batman.

Comment

Lies!

It's Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X