The 12 Games of Kryss-mas 4K GOTY TA-approved edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    "Hey kewl driver dewd, you can start earning rep, but first, you can choose what car you want to start with:
    A Ford Fiesta, like what you drove when you were 17; an Audi TT like dickhead salesman across the land or a mother chuffin' DODGE CHARGER like the Dukes of Hazzard. What will you choose?"

Tough choice.
    I went Charger anarl. I do like how you can do most of the races in what you want. I do most of them in my mini van.

Comment

I did practically the whole game in a Skyline!

It’s a lot of fun and, agreed, the introductory section taking you through the four seasons is really great.

Comment

Literally the only reason I would get an Xblock. Dammit.

Game 2: Cat Quest [Switch]

While waiting for the latest Iceborne update to finish, I cracked this open for a quick go. I like the system, nice and simple, and the combat is fun. I'd heard good things and I'm not disappointed yet.
        Last edited by kryss; 05-12-2019, 05:35.

Comment

Game 4: River City Ransom: Underground

One of the new retro styled games. It's a mini Final Fight style beat-em up with a small RPG element to it. I think this is probably a lot better co-op, but it cost 79p, so definitely not a bad buy.
          Last edited by MartyG; 06-12-2019, 09:35.

Comment

I need to get Shenmue 1 finished, and 2 started and finished before I get 3 for Xmas!

Comment

Day 06/31 - Pokémon Sword

Started a new game! So far it's... hmm...

Comment

Game 3: Rush of Blood (PSVR)
                I wanted to play Astrobot, but it needed to download, so I put Rush of Blood on.
                I thought it was a lot shorter, as I did the first level and thought that was it, but there are more levels!
                So I did the second level and it's just vile. Amazing!
                You start off going into the wooden entrance painted like a pig and go into an abattoir, which is pretty grim, but then, oh Lawd, the giant pig carcasses start twitching and squealing. Nightmare stuff.
                Crazy-accurate, though, and lots of replayability.

Game 4: Astrobot
                Yeah, this is as amazing as everyone says. I'll effuse in the PSVR thread later.

Comment

I remember you saying how much you enjoyed Rush of Blood, [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION], so thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I'll probably approach this in a skewed manner but I've installed several games (so far) into the Xbone that will constitute my 'several games of Christmas'.

They are:

THE FINAL STATION
                    SHENMUE 1&2
                    SKYRIM
                    SPLINTER CELL DOUBLE AGENT (BCOGXB)
                    MAD MAX
                    TRON EVOLUTION (BC360)
                    DAYTONA USA (BC360)
                    ALIEN HOMINID (BC360)
                    RESIDENT EVIL 2 reboot*
                    FALLOUT 4*

The last two I finished earlier in the year and now I've FINALLY got hankerings to go back to both. Gonna try for the B campaigns in Resi 2 and am just on Fallout 4 hunting missed locations as we speak (and I'm certain I've missed a few sidequests).

ACE going back to Fallout 4, found about ten new locations so far, the most exciting currently being Vault 95, which I'm ravaging like a Viking at the mo, the pussies. Soooooo glad I bothered to calibrate my telly, this looks miles better, now, and no eyestrain with the deep contrast n blacks!

Level 51 and having fun, bet I enjoy Resi 2 when I go back to it, too. Good times

Comment

(STRIDER was my 12th but I literally finished it forty minutes back).

Comment

PS can anyone confirm if Tron Evolution is BC on XB1?

Got the disc sitting in my 360 but it's got that 'bear trap disc tray' issue where the door closes REAL quick and it's a pain fast-swapping discs!!!!

(someone will know what I mean...!)

Yeah, if it plays on Xbone, it'll be cool because I'll have 'em all unified. But, if not, original hardware...as it's already stuck in that 'bear trap'.

Job's a good' un.

Comment

PS I tell a lie about Fallout 4. Just blew up a Gunner Mr Gutsy and the explosion was so massive it killed me.

Will be wary next time! Ranged weapons.

Comment

Game 5: Demons Tilt (via Game Pass)

It's a Pinball game made in Unity. Not too bad, it's a multilevel 2D table but there's a little bit of a shooter aspect to it too. Just the single table, but the ball physics are okay. Sadly a touch of slowdown in places, which is a bit annoying, but it's a reasonable distraction and a small download so it's definitely worth 15 minutes of your time.

I give it 6 metal orbs out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              I'll probably approach this in a skewed manner but I've installed several games (so far) into the Xbone that will constitute my 'several games of Christmas'.

They are:

THE FINAL STATION
                              SHENMUE 1&2
                              SKYRIM
                              SPLINTER CELL DOUBLE AGENT (BCOGXB)
                              MAD MAX
                              TRON EVOLUTION (BC360)
                              DAYTONA USA (BC360)
                              ALIEN HOMINID (BC360)
                              RESIDENT EVIL 2 reboot*
                              FALLOUT 4*

The last two I finished earlier in the year and now I've FINALLY got hankerings to go back to both. Gonna try for the B campaigns in Resi 2 and am just on Fallout 4 hunting missed locations as we speak (and I'm certain I've missed a few sidequests).

ACE going back to Fallout 4, found about ten new locations so far, the most exciting currently being Vault 95, which I'm ravaging like a Viking at the mo, the pussies. Soooooo glad I bothered to calibrate my telly, this looks miles better, now, and no eyestrain with the deep contrast n blacks!

Level 51 and having fun, bet I enjoy Resi 2 when I go back to it, too. Good times
                              Mad Max is one hell of a gam!

Comment

Day 07/31 - Lost Ember
                                (02/12 Games)

All style no substance

Comment

Working...
                                X