• Show
Clear All

Day 08/31 - Need for Speed: Heat
    (03/12 Games)

So far, feels like a repackage rerelease of the last game. Zero new to it

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Mad Max is one hell of a gam!
      I was thinking about Mad Max yesterday, but I keep thinking it's like Ken's Rage because of FotNS stealing so much from the film, design-wise. They all blur into one!

However, I remember reading an article about it that really sang its praises.

It was on PS+ at some point.

Comment

Game 5: Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics (Switch)
        I bought this in the Black Friday sales after being disappointed I couldn't transfer the PSP Gradius Collection to my Vita in the UK.
        I was really pleased that my son found it and started playing it!
        We played through Thunder Cross then got slayed by Gradius, Haunted Castle and Twin Bee. They're so hard! Want to play more, though.

Game 6: Demon's Tilt (Xbox One)
        Same as [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] after [MENTION=4877]k0pp0[/MENTION] mentioned it on Twitter.
        It's a bit confusing, but has that "one more go" lure!

Comment

Game 6: Horizon Chase Turbo (Steam)

A rather simple yet surprisingly good arcade racer. It looks like a phone port (and may well be) but supports a gamepad with a lot of different locations and cars to unlock - it runs at a solid frame rate even at 4K (mostly helped by the simple looks) and definitely has a one more go factor. It might not be Outrun, but definitely fills that arcade racer spot.

I give it 8 environmentalists out of 10.

Comment

That Konami Arcade Classics comp is ace, it has permanent residence in my Xbox!

Took a bit of a detour last night, mate came round and wanted to play MGS: PEACE WALKER on 360, he's been raving about it for eons, I've had it ages (years, probably only booted it up once and got daunted a tad so didn't bov).

So, yeah, it's absolutely ace, really don't know why I never persisted. And, wow, smooth like butter...BUTTAH...6Ofps and so clean. So much character, stuff to do, it's fun to play and very impressive despite it being a snazzed-up PSP port. Especially loving all the Fulton action, it reminds me of Jack Fulton's (my beloved local store was replaced by a Costa, recently, and it made me sad inside).

Then, we played FALLOUT 3. Another pal had given us the vanilla edition of FO4 and I tried the free FO3 code on Friday night and it was unused!

Have to be honest, I was very stoked to play this again, it's been eight years since I caned the GOTY and I adored it at the time, I was obsessed. And as my recent revisit to FO4 has worked out wonderfully, I felt a happy sense of synchronicity in the air.

So, I stick it on last night and I'm aware the first bit in Vault 101 takes a bloody age but I'm gagging to see the wasteland and I'm really feelin' how decent the graphics still look, at least in comparison to FO4...

...and then I eventually get to the wasteland and feel a mild sense of despair, like going back somewhere you used to go expecting delight and instead finding it depressing.

Yeah, depression is the word. I know it's SUPPOSED to be depressing (it's a nuclear wasteland, ffs) but we're talking a more malignant type of depressive feel, formed of drab n empty feelz. And everything in the distance looks like hazy sandbags. I don't know, I might've squeezed all the juice out of it back in 2011. I uninstalled it last night but I *might* go back to it in a bit.

Currently on TRON EVOLUTION. Turns out it *is* BC on XB1 and looking pretty snazzy at the mo...maybe a tad floaty, tho, so far at least.

Comment

Gotta say the Tron Evo title screen's a bit narking, they've only gone and stuck a squiggly Disney logo at the very upper-left of the TRON logo, thereby making something that should feel very cool nowhere near as cool, like your mother taking you to school in your teens or summat.
              Last edited by JazzFunk; 09-12-2019, 06:05.

Comment

Game 7: Life is Strange 2 Episode 5

Wel it sort of counts. I didn't think LiS2 was as good as Before the Storm and nowhere near as good as LiS1. Story, pacing, dialogue and even the music wasn't close to the previous games. I suppose it depends on whether you like the Daniel character, personally couldn't stand him. A couple of nods back to LiS1 were the highlight, but overall I'd gives this one 5 hidden souveniers out of 10.

Comment

Game 3: Coaster Creator 3D [3DS]

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised how well this works, once I got used to the controls at least. Respectable physics engine.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Game 3: Coaster Creator 3D [3DS]

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised how well this works, once I got used to the controls at least. Respectable physics engine.

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], have you ever played the Fallout DLC?
                      I thought the New Vegas stuff was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I was thinking about Mad Max yesterday, but I keep thinking it's like Ken's Rage because of FotNS stealing so much from the film, design-wise. They all blur into one!

However, I remember reading an article about it that really sang its praises.

It was on PS+ at some point.
                        I played through the xbox version and got 100%, then when the ps one came out on free, I did the same on that too! I can't think of many games where I've done that

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], have you ever played the Fallout DLC?
                          I thought the New Vegas stuff was brilliant.
                          Yeah, I've got New Vegas on PS3, it's great and I do prefer the more colourful atmos and fun missions. Need to get it played proper! Is the 360 version BC on XB1? I foolishly gave my 360 copy to my bro a few years back.

Not played the FO4 DLC but it seems expensive buying the packs individually. Might wait til the GOTY drops to £9.99 again, works out miles cheaper.

Comment

Game 4: 3D Classics Kid Icarus [3DS]

Getting all nostalgic over the 3DS this week it seems. First time playing this (like, ever) and damn, it is not an easy game.

Comment

Game 7: Mad Max
                              Was going to get theHunt, but didn't have much time, but Mad Max was already installed so played that.
                              Only did the first couple of missions, which guide you around the controls and map.

Managed to blow myself up, rather than stow some fuel.
                              Punched a guy of a cliff then walked behind him.
                              Got stuck between two patches of fire and stumbled back and forth like this:

Aside from that, it was great fun and both the combat and driving felt meaty.
                              Love the roar of the cars' engines.

Comment

Game 7: Mad Max
                                Was going to get theHunt, but didn't have much time, .
                                Get it downloaded or arl get yer!

Comment

Working...
                                X