No announcement yet.

The 12 Games of Kryss-mas 4K GOTY TA-approved edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox is a prize bellend when it comes to downloading stuff, but I can go on the PS4 site and tell it to download.
    I've irked about this before.

Look, I'll try now.
    Go to Xbox site. I'm logged in.
    Search for it. Find it. Click it.
    Big button - you can get this if you're a Game Pass subscriber.
    I am, why won't you let me get it?
    Reload
    Button now says "install on my devices". Click it.
    "Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."
    Go to my Microsoft account.
    All the devices are listed.

The only way to get the games is to be on the Xbox. Piss poor.

Comment

Well download it later then! I'll set the fammydodd on you if you are not careful in these matters!

Comment

Yeah. Can't wait to shoot some voles in the face with a sawn-off.

Comment

Bring out the fammydodd!!

Comment

Set it downloading after deleting Just Dance 2016.
            I don't remember ever getting that.

Game 8: Burnout 2 (PS2)
            I saw [MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION] tweet about this and saw it on my shelf and couldn't resist playing it again.
            PS3 BC does some weird thing where all the cars glow, but it still plays amazing.

Personally, this is the series' peak because I feel it got bogged down in takedowns and crashes. It's part of the fun, but not the best bit. Like a Mario game that is just about jumping on the flagpole or something.

The risk/reward on this racer is perfect (IMHO). Racing into oncoming traffic, drifting, near misses and getting air, all fill your boost meter. When full, you can boost and the game goes up to eleven. The music cranks up, the visuals stretch into the distance and the game gets a whole lot faster.

Those moments of risk are even riskier, as your reaction times are reduced even further.
            Bail before the boost empties and you're left with whatever you didn't use, hold your nerve and you're rewarded with an almost-full bar, or if you've taken those risks, you can chain the burnouts to drive faster for longer.

I did a 5 race tournament and loved it.

Comment

Day 11/31 - Arise: A Simple Story
              (04/12 Games)

Early into this short game, it's about a recently dead Viking travelling through the afterlife. So far it's nice enough, the music is lovely

Comment

Game 8: Fishing Planet - The Ultimate Fishing Simulator

This one is Free To Play. It has water, it has tackle, it has an extensive online shop where you can spend real money on fishing tackle. I couldn't complete the tutorial as it seemed to bug out. The UI is bloody awful using the most convoluted control scheme to navigate the menus I think I've ever seen (you have to use a combination of left stick, right stick, triggers and shoulder buttons in a very weird combination). And it alll feels very sluggish and unresponsive on top of that.

If you like fishing, you're probably a lot better off going out and actually fishing, even if it's cold and icy.

I give this one 3 castors with B.O. out of 10 (and if you're a John Wilson fan, you'll get that ).

Comment

I wanted to play more Devil's Tilt as it's great. Ended up with a high score of 43 million.

I should have gone to bed, but ended up playing

Game 9: theHunter: Call of the Wild
                  Only played about 20 minutes, but basically you look for animals, then shoot them.

Comment

Game 10: Ryse
                    I meant to play this a while back, but my Live sub lapsed and I didn't know One games don't remain, only 360 games.
                    I have the Game Pass so fired it up.
                    Yeah, still looks lovely, lots of fun and some tactical fighting.

Ultimately, I just wanted to punch some people repeatedly in the face last night to let off some steam.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I wanted to play more Devil's Tilt as it's great. Ended up with a high score of 43 million.

I should have gone to bed, but ended up playing

Game 9: theHunter: Call of the Wild
                      Only played about 20 minutes, but basically you look for animals, then shoot them.
                      Fancy a gam on weekend?

Comment

Possibly.
                        Got loads on visiting friends and family and seeing my Mom in hospital.

Thanks, though.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Possibly.
                          Got loads on visiting friends and family and seeing my Mom in hospital.

Thanks, though.
                          If you see me on playing it, give me a buzz

Comment

Game 5: Moonlighter [Switch]

Wow, I'm glad I picked this one up and really wish I'd played it sooner. Loving the dungeon crawler/shopkeeper duality.

Comment

Game 9: Age of Wonders Planetfall (PC)

A pretty decent 4X game with some tactical turn based combat. Typical Paradox systems, so if you're familiar with previous Paradox games it'll be easy enough to pick up. Tech trees seem well organised and menus not overly complex. The tutorial does a good job of explaining the game basics.

This one is on Game Pass so definitely worth a look if you have access to that.

I give it 8 xenomorphs out of 10.

Game 10: Insurgency: Sandstorm - PC

A tactical FPS sqaud based shooter, somewhere between CoD and BF with a bit of R6 Siege about it. Audio is good, not played enough maps to say for certain, but there's a good mix between open areas and close quarters. No auto respawns, so once dead you stay dead until the team secures an objective.

I give it 7 ricochets out of 10.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 15-12-2019, 22:16.

Comment

Day 16/31 - The Outer Worlds, Super Tennis, Super Metroid
                                (06/12 Games)

Started the first and third, knocked about with the middle one. Big push with time off work inbound

Comment

Working...
                                X