Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    As we filled in an interests box for the Google Docs, I was expecting that passed through. Evidently I'd better put some stuff here then for whoever is buying for me...!
    Ha, jinx!

Comment

This is great fun doing the shopping

Comment

[MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION], your Secret Santa asks if you have any other interests as Death Stranding is a little outside the budget!

Comment

Main console:
          Switch and PC

Other interests:
          Lego, anything Pokemon related, anything Zelda related, Harry Potter, NFL (Chicago Bears), Liverpool FC, Star Wars (original trilogy only),

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION], your Secret Santa asks if you have any other interests as Death Stranding is a little outside the budget!
            Dear Santa,

I will gladly pay for half of Death Stranding

I'll have a think

Comment

Considering someone has neo geo and x68000, I reckon whoever gets a Death Stranding request will get off lightly

Comment

Has anyone NOT received their email?

I don't know who has who, but can retrieve the details if needed, chums.

Comment

Id like to take part in this but being in Japan might be an issue? Would that OK? How do we decide who a present is sent to? I'm new to this secret santa thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Id like to take part in this but being in Japan might be an issue? Would that OK? How do we decide who a present is sent to? I'm new to this secret santa thing.
                    Oh mate, you're a bit late to the party, sorry.

Basically, I ask everyone who wants to take part what their forum name, postal address and interests are.
                    I put these in a spreadsheet and have a formula that generates Santas and their recipients, then emails them out.

You would get an email saying "your recipent is ForumName, this is their address..."

I don't see the names, so I can be "secret" too, but can see the names if someone hasn't sent something, but it's been running really smooth for years.

People really outdo each other with how thoughtful they are and it's a real buzz on Christmas opening a cool present and seeing what everybody bought each other.

I've already done this for everybody who applied earlier, so I can't assign you anyone now, but if you PM me your address, maybe I could send you a UK snack pack with some treats you miss from home? Anything you'd like?

It won't be "secret", but it'll be nice to have you onboard and I'll try to be earlier in setting it up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Oh mate, you're a bit late to the party, sorry.

Basically, I ask everyone who wants to take part what their forum name, postal address and interests are.
                      I put these in a spreadsheet and have a formula that generates Santas and their recipients, then emails them out.

You would get an email saying "your recipent is ForumName, this is their address..."

I don't see the names, so I can be "secret" too, but can see the names if someone hasn't sent something, but it's been running really smooth for years.

People really outdo each other with how thoughtful they are and it's a real buzz on Christmas opening a cool present and seeing what everybody bought each other.

I've already done this for everybody who applied earlier, so I can't assign you anyone now, but if you PM me your address, maybe I could send you a UK snack pack with some treats you miss from home? Anything you'd like?

It won't be "secret", but it'll be nice to have you onboard and I'll try to be earlier in setting it up next year.
                      Oh man. That's a bummer. Thought this would be a bit of fun. Do put me in for next years one though.
                      Also, thanks so much for the snack pack offer. That would be awesome but I'm really hitting the diet life these days. I was 100kg in August. That's way too much. Now I'm 94.3kg. I'm looking to drop another 10kg so as tempting as a snack pack is I think it's in my best interests to pass. Thank you though for the offer.
                      Should I send over my address now for next years Secret Santa or wait until next year?

Comment

That's fair enough. I'm trying to be careful myself, so totally understand.

Send it next year, as I delete the information in January when everybody has confirmed they have a gift (GDPR).

I'll make a note on the first post to remind me.
                        I'll try and organise it earlier so other lovely international forum members have an opportunity to take part again.

I think anyone on here would be happy to receive a carefully curated parcel of Japanese things from Yakumo!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Check your PM & e-mail please.

Comment

Never thought this would be subject to GDPR
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Never thought this would be subject to GDPR
                              Everything is subject to GDPR

Comment

I mean, I can hang on to your details, if you want, it's just a courtesy thing that I don't have your details knocking around.

Comment

Working...
                                X