Critics Club III: Film of the Year 1986

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Aaaargghhh! How do I choose between Transformers: The Movie and Highlander? Both have amazing soundtracks and nonsensical plots but are great entertainment. I still enjoy watching them both to this day.
    Think I'll pick Highlander as the theme of a basically immortal guy who loses everyone he's ever loved is more up my street.
    Can't see no Highlander in your avatar, but whatevs.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Still have to wonder if Arcee is the only female Autobot and why she is a she?
    Oh Lordy, that is a whole can of worms you don't want to open.

Comment

Those who didn’t vote for jack burton and the pork chop express are dead inside

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        Those who didn’t vote for jack burton and the pork chop express are dead inside
        I don't know why but that's one JC film I just can't get on with. It has all the right ingredients but just doesn't seem to work.

Comment

So many brilliant classics.

I have to choose... Aliens. I've gone back to it time and time again, but it's always a joy to watch. The perfect sci-fi action movie.

The Hitcher is close behind, as it's also an excellent movie in all areas. Rutger Hauer is brilliant as a menacing psycho.

Little Shop of Horrors is a great musical with a perfect cast. I love everything about it.

Labyrinth was one of my favourite childhood films. I loved the imagination and creepy vibe. I really need to go back to it.

Poltergeist 2, despite being a big dodgy, is still pretty scary. The old man bad guy is genuinely creepy.

Cobra is a fun action flick that I like to go back to now and then. It's far from a great movie, but I enjoy what it delivers. Sly does a good job.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-12-2019, 13:52.

Comment

Working...
          X