No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 3: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've skipped the demo, it'll just ruin the final game and ultimately it's Resident Evil 3 - last years Resident Evil 2 Remake basically was a demo for this, so similar will the two be.

Comment

Thanks guys... that has swayed me to stay put and wait a couple of weeks for the release.

Comment

I'm waiting for the full game to arrive too. Really looking forward to it after the awesomeness that was Resi2Remake ... might prove a tough act to follow though.

Comment

Anyone else playing the resident evil resistance beta?

I tried it this afternoon and the tutorials were interesting. You are basically given the option to play on either side. A survivor or as the puppet master (basically the overseer, who drops all kinds of obstacles in the way of a survivor to get through).

I tried a survivor game with some random people and it seamed like everyone knew what they were doing. You get a choice of playing 1 or 5 different characters all with different skill sets. Of course I was lumbered with being the medic, which resulted in me being the last person standing, through the second level/map, before I ran out of time.

It’s all a bit chaotic, but I enjoyed it for what it was, even if the controls felt a bit tank like. What was a bit annoying, if how dark some areas were, I could see what I was shooting at.

Would be fun to play with someone your guys if you are online.

Comment

So this came through my door this morning and I’ve managed to play a couple of hours, and it’s done to a good high standard with lots of nice little tweaks to surprise even older players who are familiar with the original.

I never played the demo, other than Resident Evil Resistance Beta briefly. Not really fussed on that side of the game. Now as I never played the demo, I have no idea if the beginnings section was in the demo.

It plays very much like RE:2 Remake, so it feels very much like a continuation of the game. Nemesis is such a bad ass and so far you start to see a more grumpy side of Jill which is better than how they portrayed her in the original games.

So far, everything is so nice to look at and the music / sound is impressive. It’s very much all go go with very little relief... kind of like how Silent Hill kept you on edge, with its locales. I get the impression this is something the developers wanted to focus on - keeping the pressure on from beginning to end.

So far I like it and really pushes my PS4, as the fan is going crazy...

Comment

Just had a peek at the dlc for this one urgh jesus really? consumable mobagame style crap for the online mode. I'm hoping some decent dlc drops for the single player side as i won't be touching the online stuff as i don't have plus.

Comment

I got the impression with Resi evil 3 remake its like the original Resi evil 3 where it was a bit more rushed and cut down compared the previous game and that seems about right.

I just wish they did not bother with multiplayer and had took the time and manpower to make it and put it all into the single player.

Had some people saying the Nemesis was more scripted than Mr X to in that he appears at certain moments rather then sporadically

Comment

The problem is capcom set the bar really high with the 2nd remake and nemesis is regarded as the weakest in the series i too would have preferred the online game to just be released separately and had those resources put into making nemesis even more fleshed out as i don't think i'll ever really get around to playing the multiplayer mode as for the most part online gaming isn't my thing. It was capcoms chance to make nemesis a solid release for me the multiplayer part of game is a bit of a waste.

The disc is weird for this one it seems to be an installer disc that you can't put into a folder like other games. once you install the games they can be placed in folders but the installer app always stays on the main menu bar on ps4. Like my menu bar tidy lol
                  Last edited by importaku; 04-04-2020, 12:13.

Comment

Rumour of Resident Evil 4 remake

Comment

Shame, wrong one to remake next

Comment

Controversial opinion perhaps, but my favourite RE of all time is 7. After the mis-steps of 5 and 6, Capcom really got everything right with 7. I'm sure a big part of that was VR, but even without it I think it would still be the stand out.

I've played the remakes of 1, 2, and 3, and they're fine, but I'd rather see Capcom spend their resources on doing new things with the series.

Comment

At this point in time, I actually think my favourite Resi is probably the remake of 2. For me it's an extremely refined version of everything the Resi franchise represents.

I absolutely loved 7, and thought it was a stroke of genius to take the series in that direction. The new perspective, the Bayou setting, the family - all terrific. But it falls short of greatness for me primarily for the relatively poor final third of the game, which felt like padding. I actually think it should've just ended about 3 to 4 hours earlier.

Hopefully a future entry in this style will have a bit more budget and will be more consistent throughout. There's the potential for a direct sequel to 7 to be the best game in the franchise, for sure.

This might sound strange to some but I'd actually also love to see the first game remade yet again using the style of the 2 and 3 remakes. It's such a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                            Really enjoying RE3 Remake about half way through. Surprised Capcom wine to Remake 4 but guess where the money is. I would have preferred Code Veronica or Dino Crisis which would imo benefit more from the new controls and camera etc.

Comment

I can't play RE 3 Remake at the moment. But a remake of RE4 is pointless. Remake Code Veronica and then be done with the RE remakes and look to remake Dino Crisis 1 and 2 (which would really benefit with a 3D world)

Comment

Working...
                              X