Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
    Archipel / toco toco maybe?

https://youtu.be/eD7JYqty8aE
    Thanks, I think that's it!

Comment

After seeing those, Zaki would like to know if yakumo will be breaking the sailor kits out?

Comment

A coder named TiagoSC ported a level of Sonic to the SNES as a tech demo. He wants to create a game like Sonic for the SNES, so he thought it would be a good idea to see if the SNES could run Sonic well. The results are interesting and very impressive.

This demo can be downloaded and played using an Everdrive.

Comment

Turrican has gone up for pre order , megadrive and snes carts as well only heard about it myself today.

Exclusive Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation Vita games in strictly limited quantities.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
            Turrican has gone up for pre order , megadrive and snes carts as well only heard about it myself today.

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/
            A nice collection for fans of the series, but I was hoping it would be a brand new game. There's been talk of one since the N64 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              A nice collection for fans of the series, but I was hoping it would be a brand new game. There's been talk of one since the N64 days.
              I think Gunlord is as close as we'll ever get to a new Turrican game. Fine game though.

Comment

Joshprod has just dropped 6 or 7 if you include the collectors box new dreamcast games for pre order. 6 on the same day !!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  I think Gunlord is as close as we'll ever get to a new Turrican game. Fine game though.
                  Yeah, Gunlord is a good alternative. A nice looking game with interesting design.

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                  Joshprod has just dropped 6 or 7 if you include the collectors box new dreamcast games for pre order. 6 on the same day !!
                  I didn't see anything that screamed 'must-have', but it was interesting to see that they sell a Dreamcast port of Magic Pockets.

Comment

Are you a fan of Alex Kidd and the Amiga? Well.. someone has essentially ported Miracle World to the Amiga and called it Monkey Lad.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 25-09-2020, 01:34.

Comment

One of my favourite arcade games from the early 80s - Burnin Rubber / Bump n Jump / Buggy Poppa - is now on Switch.

Comment

I found these UK software house documentaries all from the 1980s and 1990s that are actually really well done, just by one person. Lots of stuff I did not know about this era on the channel. Top stuff. I enjoyed them as much as the professional Bedrooms to Billions series, probably even more.

Last edited by CAPCOM; 01-10-2020, 13:16.

Comment

Kim's videos are great, definitely up there as one of the better content creators.

Comment

Comment

So looking forward to receiving my Speccy Next. Only ten months to go...

Comment

There's a new, near arcade-perfect, version of Bubble Bobble for the Amiga.

Developed and released by Abyss Corporation in 2020The official 1988 release of Bubble Bobble for Amiga by Software Creations was pretty much a straight conv...

(From their site)
                                50 fps (instead of 25fps)
                                32 colors (instead of 16)
                                150 items (instead of 40?)
                                Original screen height of 224 pixel (was only 200 pixel)
                                Almost all sprite animations (had only ~20% of animations)
                                Progress Screen (was not available)
                                Big Enemies every 16th level (was not available)
                                Player Two Join animation (was not available)
                                Animated Extend screen (was not animated)
                                Big Score images (was not available)
                                Single file (needed a disk)
                                Animated intro (no bubbles were available)
                                Animated Boss fight (was a still image)
                                Multiple endings (had only one ending)
                                Last edited by ZipZap; 01-10-2020, 20:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X