Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He says in the video that he doesn't believe in insurance, so he has no insurance at all: house, car, nothing. You must have to have at least 3rd party car insurance to drive though?

Comment

The Mega65 is now available to pre-order: https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Products/MEGA65/

I was really looking forward to its release but at €793 I’ll be giving it a miss.

Comment

Bit of a rip-off when the Spectrum Next was half the cost.

Comment

The Spectrum Next Core is excellent on Mister, I'm betting a Mega65 Core follows one day?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
            The Spectrum Next Core is excellent on Mister, I'm betting a Mega65 Core follows one day?
            The Mega65 uses three FPGA cores so I don’t know if the FPGA in the MiSTer would have enough capacity.

Comment

I've been keeping an eye on this and it's difficult to explain, but I'll do my best. Do you remember in the summer when Matt Hancock got caught cheating on his wife with an aide via internal CCTV footage? Somebody noted how the strange angles made it look like something from the Build engine (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior etc) and started making a recreation of the office in Duke 3D. This has gradually escalated into development of a fully playable episode (series of levels) based on the whole situation absolutely rammed full of any strange elements of British culture, politics and all the rest.

Basically if you want a game where Duke Nukem can execute Geronimo the Alpaca and demolish a BHS, you might want to take a look.

Comment

That's really cool. Like defending your high street from mutants.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  I've been keeping an eye on this and it's difficult to explain, but I'll do my best. Do you remember in the summer when Matt Hancock got caught cheating on his wife with an aide via internal CCTV footage? Somebody noted how the strange angles made it look like something from the Build engine (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior etc) and started making a recreation of the office in Duke 3D. This has gradually escalated into development of a fully playable episode (series of levels) based on the whole situation absolutely rammed full of any strange elements of British culture, politics and all the rest.

Basically if you want a game where Duke Nukem can execute Geronimo the Alpaca and demolish a BHS, you might want to take a look.
                  Very cool. Not the game but the BHS is still a thing
                  I'm sad, I've never experienced Greggs. Did they exist in 1998? I don't recall ever seeing them in Liverpool. For us, the place to go was Sayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    I'm sad, I've never experienced Greggs. Did they exist in 1998? I don't recall ever seeing them in Liverpool. For us, the place to go was Sayers.
                    Around here it was Thurstons until they rebranded in the late 1990s, they were effectively the same thing though as Greggs owned them since the 70s. Same logo and product range. I used to like them but in the 2000s they started getting really greedy with the prices - thankfully in more recent years Sayers have saved the day with their spinoff brand Poundbakery. Most of their pasties are two for a quid, though they're starting to sneakily disappear them in favour of "jumbo" ones that aren't anywhere near as good a deal.

I will say one good thing about Greggs is that they don't really pay much attention to that stand where they have the sachets of sugar/sweetener so I always swipe a few dozen while I'm there. I do the same with McDonalds too. I've got a massive jar full of Canderel sachets. It's one in the eye for The Man.

Comment

Various updates from that have been making their way into my feed for a while now, was a really good piece in Wired on it the other day too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        I will say one good thing about Greggs is that they don't really pay much attention to that stand where they have the sachets of sugar/sweetener so I always swipe a few dozen while I'm there. I do the same with McDonalds too. I've got a massive jar full of Canderel sachets. It's one in the eye for The Man.
                        Picturing you sat behind a desk, nose-down in a huge pile of white powder, before emerging with a massive gun.

Comment

I had a Greggs feast yesterday. Ham and cheese baguette, sausage roll and a steak bake. 10/10 would kill a pigcop in there again.

Comment

Wow, you're all making me want to go to Greggs for the first time in ~20 years.

Comment

SMS Sonic The Hedgehog for the C64.

Sonic the Hedgehog is coming to the Commodore 64. The first game exclusively making use of RAM Expansion Units, to allow the fast scrolling platform action o...

It does require a RAM Expansion Unit which not many people owned back in the day, but is a feature is supported by the 1541 Ultimate (for anyone who doesn't usually follow C64 releases, that's kind of a C64 equivalent of an Everdrive), as well as emulators.

Just try to ignore that the music sounds like it's converted from a PAL Megadrive and appreciate everything else on show!

Comment

That’s damn impressive. Should hopefully work on the C64 mini I have here as I believe that supports the REU.

Comment

Working...
                                X