Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiG View Post
    The Limited Edition Version of the SG is sold out on the US store but seems to be still available directly from Hyperdub in the UK, so no import charges, it’s pretty cool looking imo and with a snazzy matching clear controller..

https://hyperdub.net/products/analog...nt-konsolation
    Nice, thanks for the link.

That special edition console was the first time I came across the Analog console, not sure which one I would prefer. Must admit, think I like the traditional version, but then have the customs charges to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
      Retrotink 2x SCART is on the way, relatively cheap and simple device that should cater for the majority of people I'd imagine.
      Hmm, looks good. I wonder how well it'd work with a British Saturn.

Comment

Has anyone here bought the Spectrum Next? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm up for buying one if people say it's really good without any issues.

Comment

Has it finally shipped? I am so f*cking eager to find out if it’s any good!

(Please be sh*te as my bank balance can’t take an imminent purchase)

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            Has it finally shipped? I am so f*cking eager to find out if it’s any good!
            I noticed that some people on YouTube have received their shipment, so I'll take a look at their vids.

(Please be sh*te as my bank balance can’t take an imminent purchase)
            I hope it's the opposite of "sh*te" , but I'll have to gradually save some money. At least I have The C64 to keep me busy in the meantime.

Comment

You can’t buy one anyway. Backers only. Don’t think they made any extras.

EDIT Currently making nearly £600 on ebay!!
              Last edited by Brad; 23-02-2020, 09:48.

Comment

I never had a Spectrum back in the day, but played them plenty at mates houses. I love the design and packaging of this. I might back the next kickstarter but I already have an Ultimate 64 Elite to be going on with for my 8-bit needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Has anyone here bought the Spectrum Next? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm up for buying one if people say it's really good without any issues.
                  Watched a few vids online, at least looks like it does offer what they promised and not that total pile of crap spectrum handheld. Loading games though looks pretty annoying though. Spectrum was fiddly enough at best back in the day but trying to get tapes to load up using modern hardware is hit & miss from what i have seen. In this day & age though i'd rather just emulate spectrum, spectaculator offers a load of what next does and it's only £20 a multitude of settings to pretty much do anything and the picture looks absolutely stunning on my plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    You can’t buy one anyway. Backers only. Don’t think they made any extras.

EDIT Currently making nearly £600 on ebay!!
                    There’s a second Kickstarter run I believe with a projected price of ~£150. Let the scalpers sit on unsold stock.

https://www.specnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1448
                    Last edited by samanosuke; 23-02-2020, 16:35.

Comment

"Lessons for the (incoming) Kickstarter Volume 2

A lot of backers (and especially non-backers alike) have been asking about the second Kickstarter, and we want to confirm it's happening as soon as we end shipping all the units. We know you are keen to have this fully confirmed, so don't go spending ludicrous amounts on eBay or the like for a new Next or your first one... We'll bring the KS2 soon, please hold tight!"

Comment

Hallelujah!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Watched a few vids online, at least looks like it does offer what they promised and not that total pile of crap spectrum handheld. Loading games though looks pretty annoying though. Spectrum was fiddly enough at best back in the day but trying to get tapes to load up using modern hardware is hit & miss from what i have seen. In this day & age though i'd rather just emulate spectrum, spectaculator offers a load of what next does and it's only £20 a multitude of settings to pretty much do anything and the picture looks absolutely stunning on my plasma.
                          There is a million and one ways to load games on the speccy these days without using tapes

Comment

There’s a second Kickstarter run I believe with a projected price of ~£150. Let the scalpers sit on unsold stock.

https://www.specnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1448
                            I thought they'd simply put the second batch up for sale on a store, so I'll have to back the next Kickstarter.

Comment

Just watched Nostalgia Nerd's video on it and it looks genuinely impressive. Much better than a lot of these products.

I'm kind of tempted by that 2nd kickstarter

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

I'm kind of tempted by that 2nd kickstarter
                                I'll buy one because I think there probably won't be a third batch.

Do you know how many people got their hands on the first batch? I'd like to think that the userbase will be large enough to warrant lots of homebrew development.

Comment

Working...
                                X