Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

I thought it would be good to have a thread where people can post stuff that's retro-related but not important enough to warrant its own thread.

So to start things off, here's a new Spectrum game called 'Valley of Rains' that I think looks really impressive.

If you have anything retro-related on your mind that people might be interested in, please share.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-12-2019, 09:49.

Despite being a shameless C64 fan boy, here is another 2019 Spectrum game that I just discovered.

I can't comment on the quality of the game, but the intro looks really nice!

Last edited by ZipZap; 07-12-2019, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
      but the intro looks really nice!
      The intro is totally awesome.

Please post more homebrew games for any system. It's always nice to see what people can do with old tech these days.

Comment

Both look amazing!!

Comment

Valley of the Rains looks awesome. I hope they do a Next enhanced version too.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Valley of the Rains looks awesome. I hope they do a Next enhanced version too.
            Just a 128k version with AY sound would be nice. The game looks amazing but the blip-blip-blip gets a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              The game looks amazing but the blip-blip-blip gets a bit much.
              Yeah, that's quite grating. A 128k version with nice music would be ideal.

Rygar has finally been converted to the Amiga, but requires an A1200. A nice port of a classic arcade game.

Comment

That Rygar port looks very faithful. Great game too.

Comment

Great game too.

Yeah, a golden classic. It's still fun to play through.

Comment

I didn't know about this Mega Drive version of Oh Mummy. Nice graphics and music.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-12-2019, 03:03.

Comment

Should I buy the full size C64, or the Mini version? Any advice appreciated.

Comment

I have the mini version as Smyths were selling it cheap a while back. It’s nice but the included stick is s h i t e. Apparently this has been updated with the full size model though. There’s a decent roster of games on it and it’s easy to add more but be careful to get games patched for controller port two. Or I suppose a USB hub would work. I have tried other USB controllers and had no joy with them.

Comment

I have the mini version as Smyths were selling it cheap a while back. It’s nice but the included stick is s h i t e.
                          I had a look around and people are saying the full size version comes with a much better joystick, so I'll probably grab that sometime soon. The C64 is easily my favourite 8-bit computer alongside the MSX2.

Comment

Far better getting the real thing, heard very mixed reports about the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Far better getting the real thing, heard very mixed reports about the new one.
                              What are the bad points people are reporting? Any problems with how the SID sounds? It would really put me off if the audio isn't spot on.

Comment

Working...
                              X