Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@vanpeebles

I'm loving the look of Melkhior's Mansion.

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
    There's a new, near arcade-perfect, version of Bubble Bobble for the Amiga.
    It's great that people fix some of the dodgy Amiga arcade ports. Bomb Jack Beer Edition is really good, and now Bubble Bobble. Maybe we'll get an arcade perfect Ghosts 'n Goblins oneday.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 02-10-2020, 18:27.

Comment

This is a blast from the past and gaining momentum over twitter apparently Paprium is shipping !!!

Website is back up to ....I was tempted all them years ago but didn't.

Comment

Yeah, I was shocked as s*** to get emails about my old order. All checked out on the site, so just to wait.

Seems the first batch of copies (I assume investor editions and / or 2018 pre-orders) might have an issue or two - http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...paprium_2/faq/ (1 and 9) - but after so long (June 2014 was my main GEMs investment), I'll take it.

Will post impressions at some point.

(Those prices for the April 2021 batch are rather spendy though. I have no clue what the 2018 prices were, but the investor edition games, which should be the best overall package, were $50 each region, and the investor stick $120.)

Given the project's history take parts of this post with a pinch of salt.

Raised a smile though.

Comment

Just looked $169 for something noones seen in action yet .....hopefully it'll turn out as the true Streets of Rage 4 megadrive owners could only ever dream about ....80meg cart to

Comment

I hope it still looks this good.

Comment

We can hope but I'm not dropping 169$ on something not seen in action. I hope it turns out to be a winner though, especially to all those that paid for it years and years ago.

Comment

Another title up for pre-order too.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                  I'm not dropping 169$
                  Why is it so expensive?

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                  Another title up for pre-order too.

http://amb96.magicalgamefactory.com/
                  Am I living in a parallel universe where $169 is now the norm for new Mega Drive games?

And that webpage is really obnoxious

Any trailer & screenshots? No

Dudes, why is that? We only focus on the game!
                  . Tossers!
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-12-2020, 01:05.

Comment

Was when I looked, shipping April ,

instagram photo downloader chrome

Comment

Aside from comms re my old order I got a more generic email which did state

"In the past and whenever we could, We always sold our products at a floor price and some of you may notice a steep increase in our pricing.
                      To clear any misunderstanding, our first batch of PAPRIUM was developed, manufactured and shipped at our own expense, we have to recover this massive loss in our future sales.
                      More over, we believe this is not a Android, PS5 or WiiU game. It's closer to a tailor-made item. The aftermarket (second hand) price don't lie, our products often reach 200% to 1000% of our original sale price. As opposed to the past, we will also update our price as our limited editions gets closer to sold out."

So that's the narrative being told, and the actions being taken.

I was also told in a small message exchange re the order that the paypal issue...

"It's unrelated to the shipping of the goods, it was real dirty scam by some paypal employees."

Comment

Didn’t know where else to stick it but Kim Justice has done a great vid about Wonderful Dizzy:

If my 11 year old self could have seen this running on my +2 back in the day it would have truly blown my mind.

It still doesn’t fail to impress me how far today’s developers are pushing the humble Speccy.

On that note, check out Marsmare Alienation which is another really cool Speccy title.

Comment

I'm sure we had a thread talking about this guy - Last Gamer - and his collection before, but per usual I'm having no luck with search. However, I just saw an offhand comment about him that prompted me to go and look this up:

The TLDR is that a freak lightning storm caused a massive power surge and basically destroyed everything plugged into the mains in his house. Countless rare cabs, TVs, amps, consoles, you name it. He does not have insurance for any of it.

I've not got the stomach for rooting through his videos since then to see where he's got with any attempts to repair things, but ****ing hell.

Comment

Jesus! Seems a bit daft to have invested so much in all that gear and not having insurance.

Comment

I think he's sold pretty much everything now. He's going to do one final goodbye video later in the year.

Comment

I think it was January 2020 when Joel’s (last gamer) house got hit with a massive lightning storm. He never really went into how much damage was caused but initially it was thought most of his arcades were damaged. I think he mentioned subsequently that after testing a lot worked ok still, I’m sure a lot needed a lot of work to fix though.
                                He did discuss insurance a few times, I’m pretty sure the main reason was the cost to insure was massive especially as it was just his hobby and not his main income source

Comment

Working...
                                X