Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Snippets - Bits & Pieces from the world of retro gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I'll buy one because I think there probably won't be a third batch.

Do you know how many people got their hands on the first batch? I'd like to think that the userbase will be large enough to warrant lots of homebrew development.
    No idea tbh but I'm assuming a decent chunk if they're going for round 2.

Comment

In case anyone wants to pick up a new copy of Monkey Island for Mega CD:

The Secret of Monkey Island on physical disc for the Sega CD. Compatible in the NTSC region. Limited to 2,500 copies available worldwide. There is no purchase limit on this item.

Comment

First batch sold out, second batch go live later today.

Comment

A great POP progression, any other titles like this come to mind like Flashback on the Amiga or Jurassic Park on the SEGA GENESIS?

Flashback [Amiga 16-bit]

Jurassic Park [Genesis 16-bit]

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
            A great POP progression, any other titles like this come to mind like Flashback on the Amiga or Jurassic Park on the SEGA GENESIS?
            Yeah, it's a nice horror themed PoP.

A similar game on the SNES is Blackthorne, which is pretty good.

Comment

Yeah, it's a nice horror themed PoP.

A similar game on the SNES is Blackthorne, which is pretty good.
              Historical case to be made that this is one of the pillars of Blizzard's current larger scale sucess...

Comment

Historical case to be made that this is one of the pillars of Blizzard's current larger scale sucess...
                Yeah, Blizzard made some top quality 16-bit games, such as Blackthorne, Rock 'n Roll Racing, and The Lost Vikings. Then went on to be a truly huge company in the gaming biz.

Comment

Yeah, Blizzard made some top quality 16-bit games, such as Blackthorne, Rock 'n Roll Racing, and The Lost Vikings. Then went on to be a truly huge company in the gaming biz.
                  The Eastern but = Western resurrgence of Konami could be on the cards through Kojima....

Last edited by CAPCOM; 02-03-2020, 23:17.

Comment

Prince of Persia from Konami was much better than Prince of Persia 2 from Titus. Konami's game is excellent.

Comment

The Nt mini Noir is up for pre-order.

I was tempted to pre-order one. It's $500 though

Comment

Happy Birthday to RoboCop on the OG GameBoy.

29 years old today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          The Nt mini Noir is up for pre-order.

I was tempted to pre-order one. It's $500 though
                          I love Analogue stuff, they're the Apple of the retro world. But... I never owned a NES back in the day so there's no nostalgia, I own no NES/Famicom carts, and I honestly don't even like that many NES games. Plus it would cost £600 at least when you factor in shipping and import taxes, then I'd have to start buying games.

So yes, it's lovely, but I'll have to pass unfortunately.

Comment

Your consolce-centricity is causing you all sorts of failings Leon....

The progenitor to Ubi Soft's excellent series that eventually transformed into the Assassain's Creed Universe

Last edited by CAPCOM; 01-03-2020, 12:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                              I love Analogue stuff, they're the Apple of the retro world. But... I never owned a NES back in the day so there's no nostalgia, I own no NES/Famicom carts, and I honestly don't even like that many NES games. Plus it would cost £600 at least when you factor in shipping and import taxes, then I'd have to start buying games.

So yes, it's lovely, but I'll have to pass unfortunately.
                              I'm the opposite, massively into it, had it as a kid, already have tons of games and would love to own this and bipass the OSSC, but 2020 is the year I take better care of my finances and since I'm already committed to the Pocket, this is an extravagance I just can't justify.

Comment

Your consolce-centricity is causing you all sorts of failings Leon....
                                I

Comment

Working...
                                X