The Touryst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    This looks lovely and reviewed really well but I just had a hard time figuring out what the game actually was. Sounds fun.
    Hi Dogg. It is open world exploration, Zelda 8bit dungeons, 16bit mini arcade games, rythm music, california games surfing and 8bit lazy Jones humor.

Basically a bit of everything in delicate perfectly crafted slices.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
      My daughter and I finished this (about 90% done) yesterday. What a magical, intelligent, infuriating, rewarding and relaxing game.

Lazy Jones meets Fez mixed with Minecraft and Zelda with serious 90’s gamer/demo community vibes.

One of my fave games of 2019, and first time we used the Switch in TV mode!
      Still enjoying it, but finding a couple of difficulty spikes which are rather frustrating. Still, a great package and probably to do with my lack of patience more than anything else.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
        Hi Dogg. It is open world exploration, Zelda 8bit dungeons, 16bit mini arcade games, rythm music, california games surfing and 8bit lazy Jones humor.

Basically a bit of everything in delicate perfectly crafted slices.
        Thank you! That sounds pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
          Still enjoying it, but finding a couple of difficulty spikes which are rather frustrating. Still, a great package and probably to do with my lack of patience more than anything else.
          My best advice would be to think of those spikes like a speccy game. You need to use a lot of time (ideally with a friend) to agree on a strategy, and then go for it. Like an old master system game boss where you use a day thinking about winning strategies Fully understand the pain!

Comment

I have several islands open now so must be getting far into the game but I have to say, had I played this pre-Dec 31st this very well may have made it onto my GOTY list. Really enjoying it and already hope they make a sequel to it.

Comment

My son downloaded the demo and blazed through the first few puzzles, so we may get this at some point.

Comment

The moment this gets a physical release I'm grabbing it.

Comment

This has just launch on Xbox Game Pass today, finally get a chance to actually play it.
                  So far it’s really chill, have visited a few islands and I’ve literally just bought the sprint upgrade, reckon I’m going to enjoy this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    This has just launch on Xbox Game Pass today, finally get a chance to actually play it.
                    Cheers for the heads up. Been wanting to give this a go for a while.

Comment

Yes, thanks! Been wanting to try it. I’ve stuck it on to download.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Yes, thanks! Been wanting to try it. I’ve stuck it on to download.
                        I figured I may as well use my £1 GamePass.

Comment

You can't have a conversation about Game Pass without a discussion of how little you paid for it. I actually swapped a year of it with a bloke for a broken pair of scissors.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            You can't have a conversation about Game Pass without a discussion of how little you paid for it. I actually swapped a year of it with a bloke for a broken pair of scissors.
                            Lol... I couldn't bring myself to pay the price for this on Switch even after the glowing eurogamer review.

On game pass though it's the price of a gnats breath so why not. Will be trying it out tonight. Between this and Carrion it's been a good month for Indies on game pass

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

On game pass though it's the price of a gnats breath
                              There it is! You have to do it!

I get free years of Game Pass shoved through my door most days along with the pizza menus and business cards for minicabs.

Comment

If it was £10 on switch I'd have gotten it already but I'm annoyed with the general eShop pricing. Burnout Paradise is £35! It's £4 on other consoles.

I want to support good development but the pricing model on Switch is disgusting. I know this was cheaper, like £17 but when it came out I figured I'd wait a month or so for it to hit sales and now it's free...

Comment

Working...
                                X