The Touryst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Touryst

Doesn't seem to be a first play for this despite being out over a week, so apologies if Ive missed it.

Getting into The Touryst is the most I've played my Switch in months. I'm not a big fan of indie games and find myself going off current gaming more and more. However this is a breath of fresh air. It's kind of an adventure-puzzler with a vibe of number of other titles such as Fez and (oddly) Monkey Island, but all the comparables don't really do it justice. It looks lovely, controls beautifully and is highly recommended. Easily as good anything first-party the Switch has chucked out, and for £17-odd it's a steal.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Saw a video of this a few days back, looks amazing, think it's Switch-only though (?), which is rather saddening.

Comment

This looks lovely and reviewed really well but I just had a hard time figuring out what the game actually was. Sounds fun.

Comment

Think it could be a Switch exclusive at the mo JF.

I'm not sure what it actually is either, it's an odd combo of things that just works.

Comment

The DF vid on this looked class. If I didn't have a couple of games on the go I'd have jumped in by now. I too found myself wondering what kind of game it was though.

Comment

Is it download only? Can't find it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
              Mr Ono just posted! Call off the search helicopters!

How are you keeping?

Comment

I'll bite as soon as it gets a physical release.

Comment

Me too. Looks lovely, but I'm almost totally insistent on the physical (I sound like a demanding husband )

Comment

Now I want this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                      Aye, seems to be mate. Conversely I wish I'd gone digital with all my Switch purchases, fed up of swapping carts over. Think I'm spoilt with retro flashcarts.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Mr Ono just posted! Call off the search helicopters!

How are you keeping?
                        Haha. Life gets in the way.

I will wait for physical release if ever too then.

Comment

The DF video looked good, will pick it up when I get through my switch backlog

Comment

[MENTION=6572]BIG EDD[/MENTION]: which is never, most probably. Backlogs on all consoles and handhelds...

Comment

My daughter and I finished this (about 90% done) yesterday. What a magical, intelligent, infuriating, rewarding and relaxing game.

Lazy Jones meets Fez mixed with Minecraft and Zelda with serious 90’s gamer/demo community vibes.

One of my fave games of 2019, and first time we used the Switch in TV mode!

Comment

Working...
                              X