Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you getting yourself for Christmas 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Gonna get myself a £25 Xbox gift card and JUST spend it on cheap indie games (or games with small file sizes) I can just download and play on the same day.

I'm hoping there'll already be a post-Xmas sale on and I can nab like at least 12+ little games that I will probably never care about but will be great fun to switch between on Chrimble.

Nowt like the rosy feeling of having 7 or more fresh new games to play on Xmas day.
      They usually have a sale announcement around the 19-20th.

I grabbed myself some true wireless Jaybird Vista ear buds which are amazing and a satisfye gaming grip pro for the Nintendo Switch

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

I wanted HeroQuest, but not for 150 quid. This will make do (it's a vastly better game, anyway).
        I have this but haven't had chance to play it yet. The app with 2nd edition is supposed to be excellent.

Give feedback in the board game thread when you've played it, dD.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Christmas is about what I get isn't it? What am I getting? I dunno. What are you getting? haha

I'm toying with the idea of getting an OP-Z sequencer synthesizer or maybe game and peripherals or maybe and cheap xboxone with Game Pass...

Already bought 2 Switches and a PS4 for the kids so maybe I best just get socks so we can eat on Christmas day

I have an OP-Z. Ask me anything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I have an OP-Z. Ask me anything lol.
            Do you like it? Did you update it to do the sampling? Plus, do you use the video side of it?

Comment

I still don’t understand the OP-Z. I have an OP-1 and, while I love it, it’s not intuitive so I pretty much have to relearn it each time. The OP-Z looks even less user friendly.

And yet I kind of want one.

Comment

Do you like it? Did you update it to do the sampling? Plus, do you use the video side of it?
                Yes, yes, no.

Also, jay is correct. Unless you use it constantly you need it connected to an iPad to see what the hell you're doing at which point an iPad, cubasis and a small midi controller becomes a better option.

I’ll probably sell mine. It’s actually brand new as I had mine replaced.

That said, during a period of using it daily for just over a week I found it fantastic. I put some 808 samples on it and made it into an 80s electro machine.

So, if you already make music and do so regularly you’ll probably love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                  A few Xbox One games: Bloodstained, Prey and Crackdown 3.

An 8bitdo adapter for the PS1 classic.

Really want a Capcom Home Arcade but they are 500 dollars here and I don't have any need for it.

Boxing Day I'm picking up a 65 inch LG OLED C9.
                  Added Crash Team Racing and Sekiro both on Xbox One.

Comment

A new off-brand graphics tablet for the PC so I can amuse myself by failing to get to the artistic quality of dat doggthang.

Comment

I’ll probably sell mine. It’s actually brand new as I had mine replaced.
                      How much you want for it?

I think I'd be alright with it. Love the OP-1, but I think OP-Z is more of a sequencer with trigs compared to an OP-1. Thinking more like the Pocket Operator approach but on steroids. I looks to be right up my street. Not sure I'll get it for Christmas as I'm not sure I'll be able to fund it, but deffo something I'm gonna get in the future.

For now, I think I will get myself an RG350 for handheld retro gaming and I need some decent headphones for music production.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        Well...I was bidding on this, but it went waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy past my financial reality:

So I bid on this and won:

It's broken, so I'm hoping to fix it before Christmas.

Of course if the custom I/O is broken, then I'll have a massive door wedge
                        Update: This is very much broken

Replaced the motherboard, PSU, RAM and CPU

Now it boots, but getting a crash on launch (fingers crossed)!

Good ol' embedded Windows XP!

Comment

How much you want for it?

I think I'd be alright with it. Love the OP-1, but I think OP-Z is more of a sequencer with trigs compared to an OP-1. Thinking more like the Pocket Operator approach but on steroids. I looks to be right up my street. Not sure I'll get it for Christmas as I'm not sure I'll be able to fund it, but deffo something I'm gonna get in the future.

For now, I think I will get myself an RG350 for handheld retro gaming and I need some decent headphones for music production.
                          Gimme a shout when you're ready to buy and we'll sort something out. Not in a hurry to sell it; I still use it very occasionally (train trips to London). The sequencer is pretty damn nifty and they just altered the way the LFOs work which is very cool. Also you can use Android with it now, not just iOS.

Comment

Gimme a shout when you're ready to buy and we'll sort something out. Not in a hurry to sell it; I still use it very occasionally (train trips to London). The sequencer is pretty damn nifty and they just altered the way the LFOs work which is very cool. Also you can use Android with it now, not just iOS.
                            Ah cool man. I will let you know when I've up enough pennies. Until then make some banging Euro Psy Melodic Gentle Folk Pop mega blasts.

Yeah, I saw the Android app. Looks really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              Update: This is very much broken

Replaced the motherboard, PSU, RAM and CPU

Now it boots, but getting a crash on launch (fingers crossed)!

Good ol' embedded Windows XP!
                              Looks like the ram at address 0x30 has fallen out

Comment

But why?

Comment

Working...
                                X