Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Alliance (reboot of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Alliance (reboot of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance)

Details are scarce right now:

A spiritual successor to 2001’s Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance is coming next year, Wizards of the Coast announced tonight at the Game Awards.

However it is NOT top-down, like the previous games; it's splitscreen.

Could still be a good game but I was initially very excited.

I had to double-check Dark Alliance wasn't another political thread.

Comment

I'd be thrilled if this was a straightforward HD port of the original. A new game in the same vein would have had me excited as well but "four-player co-op", "splitscreen" and "third-person presentation" make me feel this'll have little to do with the PS2 era games beyond the D&D licence.

Here's an interesting interview with Jeff Hattem from Tuque Games.

Comment

That's..... a very interesting trailer. The music definitely feels like something from the early 2000s.

I'd love a HD release of the first two games as well, I never got round to playing them when they came out.

Comment

* I spent most of the afternoon going through storage boxes looking for my slim PS2, a working controller, a memory card and the game. After a great deal of faffing, the drive wouldn't spin... *

Champions of Norrath and its sequel would be welcome too. I only played the first one briefly but it seemed to greatly expand upon the formula.

Comment

Working...
          X