Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People of Bordersdown, let us unite and buy a FLYING FREEHOLD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People of Bordersdown, let us unite and buy a FLYING FREEHOLD!

Behold, the FLYING FREEHOLD!

Description:

An opportunity to acquire a flying freehold which extends over part of a vehicular access passageway and comprises a single currently inaccessible room, measuring approximately 12 sqm. There is limited information and East Anglian Auction Centre has not at this stage gained access. Wisbech is a market town and offers high street shopping, cafes, banks, restaurants, supermarkets, business and leisure facilities. Agents Note: Please be aware that the auctioneers have not measured the area. This information has been provided by the vendor from historical data, interested parties should satisfy themselves with regards to the information above.
    Basically, it's a tiny 12sqm room which cannot be accessed via any means, and it exists not on the ground or above another floor, but it levitates, IN THE SKY, as if by the magic of wizards!

CHECK IT OUT!

Observe:

What could this inaccessible room hold? Gold? Treasures? Dead bodies? Mould based diseases?

When last was it accessed?

Why can it no longer be accessed? WHAT IS THE PREVIOUS OWNER TRYING TO HIDE? Why was it sealed?

Sealed, perhaps, to contain an evil older than time, previously unleashed BY THE DRUIDS?!

If we pool our money, we can it buy it for:
    £500

I reckon if 100 of us each pitch in £5, and one of us brings a ladder (I can do that), and another some screwdrivers and a hammer, we can get inside, discover the REAL crown jewels of England, sell on eBay, then split the difference.

This is not a pyramid scheme. It is a treasure hunt.

Plus, how cool would it be to say that you OWN (well, part own) your very own FLYING FREEHOLD!

FLYING FREEHOLD!

I can't guarantee you riches, but I do promise you that both men and women will want to make love to you when they're told that you own said FLYING FREEHOLD.

So, fellows of Bordersdown, will you come fly with me, in our magical mystical freehold?

It can be ours!

Orrrrrr, its full of dusty toot.

Could buy it to hold a developer to ransom in the future?
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-12-2019, 21:10.

Comment

I've seen Seven, I know what's in the box.

Comment

Wall side ladder, a rolled up mattress and a kettle

Studio Apartment with a view, £595 per month

Comment

You need the speed boots from Super Metroid. Run down that alleyway, crouch underneath, jump. Easy.

Comment

I still can't get over the sheer weirdness of this. What would someone do with said mysterious room, given there's no standard form of access (cheap studio apartment besides).

Like, how do these things come into being?

I'm assuming it used to belong to one of the owners on either side at some point, and then got sealed up?

Comment

I'd build a portcullis and charge people for through access. If they don't want to pay then hoy a hot pan of chip oil down at them.

Comment

I’m surprised none of the adjacent property landlords do not bid on the ‘flying freehold’ as they can easily extend onto it through their respective party walls... For £500, they would get additional floor space or even a room of sorts.

I’ve never seen anything like it for auction before, interesting find Sketcz...

Comment

Neither had I! Looking a the top photo, it appears to have windows, and it would seem to have been part of the building on the left, given they share the brickwork.

I keep thinking there's tons of forgotten treasure in it.

Come on lads. Fiver each. I'm sure we can muster up a hundred of us. Actually, it never sold at auction. Maybe they'd accept £100, with a fiver from 20 of us?

Comment

SOLD!

For £1 !?!

You cannot get in to the bricked-up first floor room - but someone has snapped it up for a cool £1.

Comment

I’m assuming it was purchased by Sketcz.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        I’m assuming it was purchased by Sketcz.
                        I expect a full report about how he tried to hit on the auctioneer but then realised he was the guy that just bought a £1 bricked up room as his dream home and decided he couldn't talk to her after that.

Comment

Come and join me! I've bought enough fava beans and Chianti for everyone at the house warming!
                          Last edited by Sketcz; 20-02-2020, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post

Come and join me! I've bought enough fava beans and Chianti for everyone at the house warming!
                            For realz? It was you?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              For realz? It was you?
                              Was tempted to just vanish from Bordersdown, leaving people to speculate I'd fallen through a dimensional portal in my flying freehold...

But no, I did not buy it.

I did end up buying a house, a proper house, but not in Wisbech.

My concern is... Would anyone who owns that freehold be responsible for... Stuff? It's upkeep? Some sort of council tax? I mean, could you buy it for a quid, look inside, conclude it's worthless, then abandon it?

Comment

Working...
                              X