Paradise Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Killer

Hope this bit of self promotion is ok to post.

Last year a pal and I quit our jobs to found a new studio, Kaizen Game Works. We are making Paradise Killer, a first person open world murder mystery game.

Paradise is an island that regenerates every few millennia. The psychic power that the alien worshipers within release into the universe is meant to feed and eventually resurrect their fallen deities. But this force also attracts undesired interest from demons, who eventually corrupt each island — until a new alternate reality is birthed by the Council.

The system isn’t perfect, but it will be one day — on Perfect 25, the next island-to-be. But on the eve of rebirth, the Council is murdered and Paradise is killed.

In the aftermath, the “investigation freak” Lady Love Dies is summoned from exile to find the culprit. This is the crime to end all crimes.

What are the facts? What are the truths? Are they the same?

We're in the current issue of Edge and we've just announced our publishing partner, Fellow Traveller.

Trailer
    Web site
    Steam

This looks really cool!

Congratulations on getting it off the ground.

Comment

Congratulations, chopemon!

Are you planning to release it on GOG? It has fewer releases so new games get to shine a little bit more.

Comment

Read the preview in Edge and it looks awesome.

PC only at the moment?

Comment

You know I'm very up for this; a lot of our tastes run very parallel to one another, and everything I've seen so far is looking great! Probably won't be able to play until a Mac version comes, or it's so mad successful you have the big three kicking your doors down for a console port, but it's on my wish list ready and waiting.

Comment

Thanks guys! PC only at the moment and we're working with our publisher to work out exactly which stores it will be on. However, we hope there are more platforms in our future if this goes well.

Comment

Bumping this, as there's now a highly imminent release date (September 4th) for it landing on both PC and Switch - I'm pre-loading as we speak!

Huge congrats to the team, looking forward to playing it!

Comment

Looks really cool - congratulations @chopemon!

EDIT: lol I just realised I posted the same thing a year ago. Anyway you get the general idea, it looks cool.

Comment

Thanks! Can't believe we get to launch on Switch. I loved working with the console and I'm really happy with what we made.

Comment

That does look awesome!!

Comment

Congratulations Chopemon, its a huge deal taking that kind of leap so i hope the game sells well and it all works out for you.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Phenomenal reviews coming in all over, dude! Congratulations!

Paradise Killer's breezily cheerful trailer is only telling half the truth. It most certainly is a colourful, sometimes…

Paradise Killer is an exemplary adventure game that nails detective work in a way few games do.

Comment

The official Kaizen Game Works has acknowledged this tweet now, so I feel the cat is out of the bag.

I'm up for another trip to Paradise!

Comment

Please be excited. We've got more stuff to announce that will make another trip to Paradise worthwhile!

Comment

Working...
                              X