Holy grail collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy grail collecting

Does anyone else have a grail they have been searching for or are still looking? Either a game or a piece of hardware or even some obscure peripheral. Over the years i have managed to get lucky a few times and find some of the items i have been after but even after all this time i still have one item that i want over everything else but it's so rare that i have never seen one for sale anywhere yet.

Mine is this.....

They are 2 pieces of software used to train McDonalds staff in japan Kurutore (crew train) eCDP and Esmart think of them as cooking mama McDonalds style with loads if info about how a McDonalds job works as a staff member, i would legit slap £1000 down for them right now. They are so rare that no rom dumps have ever been made of them there are only a few pieces of DS software that have yet to be dumped and these are 2 of them, the pics i managed to find floating around on the net of some lucky **** who managed to pick up both on an auction for not much at all. I doubt that many escaped McDonalds and are either sat somewhere in a warehouse of sadly destroyed. I search amazon Japan from time to time for them and ebay but they remain elusive.
    Last edited by importaku; 18-12-2019, 15:54.

A clipping from Sir Clive’s beard, the most holyest of relics

Comment

If you go to the Yamato Musuem in Kure, you can still (temporarly) download the museum guide to your DS/3DS.

Comment

Mine is probably a Konami Black Panther PCB.

But for truly impossible "I'll never own this" grails, which money can't buy:

Dodonpachi Blue Label
        Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Red Label

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Does anyone else have a grail they have been searching for or are still looking? Either a game or a piece of hardware or even some obscure peripheral. Over the years i have managed to get lucky a few times and find some of the items i have been after but even after all this time i still have one item that i want over everything else but it's so rare that i have never seen one for sale anywhere yet.

Mine is this.....

They are 2 pieces of software used to train McDonalds staff in japan Kurutore (crew train) eCDP and Esmart think of them as cooking mama McDonalds style with loads if info about how a McDonalds job works as a staff member, i would legit slap £1000 down for them right now. They are so rare that no rom dumps have ever been made of them there are only a few pieces of DS software that have yet to be dumped and these are 2 of them, the pics i managed to find floating around on the net of some lucky **** who managed to pick up both on an auction for not much at all. I doubt that many escaped McDonalds and are either sat somewhere in a warehouse of sadly destroyed. I search amazon Japan from time to time for them and ebay but they remain elusive.
          Have you searced yahoo for them? I could maybe keep an eye out for you if you have the Japanese characters for it.

Comment

A few cartridges for the Commodore computers, for starters. Mr Boston for the Vectrex, had a chance couple of times and good priced copies went to other people, and now probably can't afford it at current prices.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

A few bits over the years...probably primarily Ganbare Neo Poke Kun on the NGPC. It didn't get used to go for that much, but rarely come up. It weirdly comes up more now, but goes for more too.

It's an interesting looking game in which you care for a strange virtual pet who lives in a flat inside your NGPC, and programmes minigames for you to play...

It's not as rare as the stuff posted above, but it's one that's continued to elude me. There are several on Ebay right now, but the prices are triple what they were...it just doesn't feel worth it any more.

Comment

There are rumours of an Amiga version of Metal Gear. Probably not true but that’s what I want anyway.

Comment

My grail I guess will forever be an arcade cabinet.
                  A Konami Windy (or Windy 2) would be my ultimate but I'd generally be happy with anything sadly think they will forever be beyond my grasp

More realistically it would be to re-buy a mint boxed copy of Adventures of Batman & Robin for the SNES
                  Have regretted selling my PAL copy since selling it years ago

Neil

Comment

Probably a Tandy 1000 with accompanying monitor. They aren't impossible to find but it's quite rare to find one on eBay UK at least. Ditto for the Apple IIGS.

A really nice multisync PC monitor as well actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      There are rumours of an Amiga version of Metal Gear. Probably not true but that’s what I want anyway.
                      A C64 version exists as I own it, but yeah I’ve heard there is an Amiga version but don’t recall seeing it.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Robotron arcade cabinet for me. Always wanted one, will probably never own one.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                          Robotron arcade cabinet for me. Always wanted one, will probably never own one.
                          My friend has a brand new in box one

I think there were 4 NOS ones found last year.
                          Last edited by Zaki; 19-12-2019, 13:28.

Comment

Although I never searched to the ends of the Earth, I was always after a copy of Gals Fighters on the Neo Geo Pocket Colour and could never find one!

I got addicted to the handheld after buying a new console and started buying games for it and although I had a copy of Gals Fighters, it was a cartridge only. I spent some time looking for a boxed copy, even adding a wanted thread or 2 on NTSC-UK, but never found one.

Comment

I did have one, years ago - Faselei! for the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Then I got it... and I was actually quite disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X