Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

In a thread on Era discussing this Jason Schreier from Kotaku has added that a sequel was greenlit before the first game shipped. 2021 release?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-05-2022, 21:13.

Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm Games have officially confirmed that a sequel to 2019 single-player video game hit “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order” is in the works. Though reports over the past year have hinted at a follow-up being in development, this marks the first official acknowledgement of one. The original’s game director Stig Asmussen and […]

EA and Lucasfilm have confirmed that the team behind the original at Respawn are making the sequel now. A strategy game and an FPS under the Star Wars brand are also being worked on by Respawn

Comment

To have Titanfall sitting on the shelf gathering dust is a crime.

That said, I enjoyed Fallen Order. They nailed the story and whilst it was very linear in level design it was enough to keep me going. All they really need to do is expand on that part and keep the story tight and I'll be down for a second installment.

Comment

I have a love/hate with Jedi fallen order, loved the locations, characters and adventuring, didn’t like the flakey combat. Hopefully they fix the clipping and enemy ai that spins on the spot with auto lock on to get you, in the sequel.

Also this isn’t the Titanfall team, this is a sub Respawn team, the original guys are all stuck on Apex.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          To have Titanfall sitting on the shelf gathering dust is a crime.
          This actually all makes perfect sense. After all, not enough people bought Titanfall 2; everyone just wanted to bitch about Star Wars Battlefront's lootboxes instead.

Comment

Make Titanfall 3 > Make it look like and brand it as a Star Wars FPS > Make bank

I expect that's what's coming

Comment

I thought Fallen Ordure was a generally poor game. A bit uncharted, a bit dark souls, with a generic SW setting and the creepiest, most mangy wookies ever put on screen. Yes, I too am bitter at the Titanfall issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                This actually all makes perfect sense. After all, not enough people bought Titanfall 2; everyone just wanted to bitch about Star Wars Battlefront's lootboxes instead.
                Well it was EA at fault for releasing Titanfall 2 between COD and Battlefield. The game was superior to both of them just not the household name so it was always going to come in a distant 3rd. If they'd released it at Xmas or January it would have had a better chance.

Anyway I am just gurmbling. Apex is great but I'm over the battle royale seasonal crap and whilst more Star Wars is great, particularly given the success of Fallen Order... I just don't want Titanfall to fade into obscurity.

Comment

Comment

Looks good... the original was excellent with some obvious limitations so with any luck this sequel will be able to raise the bar.

Comment

I was only looking at Fallen Order the other day and considering getting it to play on the Steam Deck. I had heard good reports and it obviously did well enough to warrant this sequel. Although maybe sticking the Star Wars logo on anything does that.

Comment

Give it a go, it's a really good game

Comment

Naughty naughty release date leak

Comment

Saw that... I'm interested to see what they show at the game awards now

Comment

My only real criticism of the original (in hindsight) was the clipping animations in combat and the way the enemies of all types would animation lock and just roll around you and hit you anyway. Otherwise it was a good adventure game that I’d buy the sequel off.

Comment

Working...
                              X