Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That it's 2022 and I still have to endure the insufferable ***** inspired by an insufferable ***** that is Liam Gallagher on the radio. A nine year chav in a grown ups body with the voice of a cat being wrung by the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I knew that in the EU (and whatever the UK is still doing for the moment) it had gotten worse due to law changes but recently, when we flew to the US, I had hoped to get some aftershave - and the price was significantly more expensive than just the regular prices in the UK, and honestly, it was no better in the US when on the way back.
      I find duty free stuff just seems to be at the RRP without duty, whereas the same stuff back home is usually lower than RRP to begin with - especially online.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        That it's 2022 and I still have to endure the insufferable ***** inspired by an insufferable ***** that is Liam Gallagher on the radio. A nine year chav in a grown ups body with the voice of a cat being wrung by the neck.
        Yeah! Thank you for posting that. He is a right twat. Always was and always will be.

Comment

I went clothes shopping today. Trying on a top, I felt a scratch from a tag. Only noticed when I got home that I have a three-inch slice across my bald head. Obviously not deep at all but looks ridiculous.

Comment

Where there’s blame there’s a claim!

Comment

I remember cutting my hand on one of those brass door plates that are on large doors in shopping centers (like where the handle would be but higher as it's a push door) and a security guy came running out to me and insisted I wait so they could get a first aid kit for me. It was one of those grazes that was small but stang and bleed like crazy so it looked bad for them I guess.

I just intended to wash my hand and walk to the nearest boots to get a plaster but nope, guy insisted I wait and someone would come and help. So I stood in a ransom corner of the shopping centre with a bloody hand waiting for about 8 minutes until this guy comes back appologising saying they could not provide a plaster for me in case I had an allergic reaction.

I was pissed off for the time wasting more than anything else, I just shrugged and said I'll just go buy one at Boots which you stopped me from doing then. Still have a small scar on my hand from it. I did look into putting a complaint (I verbally complained / cautioned about the door in question) but it was more the stupidity of the situation than the injury.

Comment

Are there people allergic to plasters? I have never heard of that before.

Comment

It’s the adhesive that causes the allergic reaction. Had to stop stocking them in the first aid kits at work due to that.

Comment

Yeah I've heard of it, comes up every so often. The usual procedure is to simply ask if they are aware of any allergies and use a hypoallergenic plaster if not sure. A properly stocked first aid kit should have both.

Comment

Why continue to manufacture non-hypoallergenic plasters? Just make them all hypoallergenic. This is like the non tartar control toothpaste and shaving foam for non sensitive skin all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Why continue to manufacture non-hypoallergenic plasters? Just make them all hypoallergenic. This is like the non tartar control toothpaste and shaving foam for non sensitive skin all over again!
                        Yep. Exactly this. If it's a known thing and can be avoided, why not switch completely?

Comment

I think it's because the hypoallergenic ones aren't very good at sticking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Hypoallergenic ones are more expensive to manufacture so the ones with normal glue are still made. If your not allergic to the old style glue then no point buying more expensive plasters.

Comment

Charge everyone a bit more rather than punishing those with the allergy?

Comment

Most likely the hypoallergenic glue is in much shorter supply as well so all plasters couldn’t be switched anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X