This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    Where ticktock differs from vine is in that its not all comedy stuff that gets all the clicks, Weird fads like the minion thing or Binley mega chippy arent really funny but just some weird fad that everyone seems to jump on, ive personaly not seen much of that stuff my ticktock is full of Foragers talking about wild food, outdoor cooking shows, and Metal detectors showing off their finds, all you have to do is watch a few people and before you know it your now part of mushroom tock and your getting fed endless videos about how to find and cook mushrooms while metal detecting.
    It's somewhat infamous for how targeted its algorithm is.

Comment

The social media element is the real poison element. Like has been said, people have dressed up for screenings etc before but making it something more just incites attempts at further escalations of crazes. One minute it's dress up, the next it's performance, the next its increased scale and eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        The social media element is the real poison element. Like has been said, people have dressed up for screenings etc before but making it something more just incites attempts at further escalations of crazes. One minute it's dress up, the next it's performance, the next its increased scale and eventually...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...nge/ar-AAZfp2R
        One of my staff was talking about this very thing the other day, his mates son (14) did this and ended up in a coma, they turn him off in a few weeks as he’s brain dead.

Comment

I can think of loads of good the internet has done, I really struggle to do the same for social media

Comment

Well just got a letter from the council looks like i'll be homeless come november as they are rennovating the towerblock i live in which is code for we are tearing the flats down and your not invited back. It's insane they have given just months before they start and everyone is expected to somehow magically find other places to live. Just what i didn't need when i'm already stuggling to hold onto my job with ill health. Most parts of leeds are **** to live in as i have lived in them before they are rough as hell, no idea where i'm going to end up at this rate.

Comment

Urgh, sorry to hear that.
              Good luck, mate.

Comment

Yeah good look man, that's a garbage situation to be put in.

Comment

I seem to be in the minority that doesn't mind celebrating anniversaries on days near the date, rather than actually on it.

As a kid, you might have a party at the weekend nearest your birthday, rather than a random Tuesday, but so many adults seem incapable of accepting you might to flex a bit.

Tried to organise a night out and it's a nightmare. One person was like "it's my boyfriend's birthday", so rather than flex to the only date all 8 of us could do, we just procrastinated until it never happened.

A band that me and my friends have loved since teens are finally touring the 30th anniversary of one of our fave albums growing up, but it's the 10th wedding anniversary of one of our mates.

If you've survived being married for a decade, can your marriage not survive celebrating a day after?

So he's not coming.

Me and the wife always discuss what's coming up and see there's nothing else on, but understand if something is immovable, like a gig or show, we can rain check our personal anniversary.

Comment

To be fair to that bloke, if that's something that's really important to his partner, he can hardly sack it off till the following weekend because he wants to go out with his mates. Obviously it's a shame but it doesn't stop the rest of you going.

Originally posted by QualityChimp
                    Tried to organise a night out and it's a nightmare. One person was like "it's my boyfriend's birthday", so rather than flex to the only date all 8 of us could do, we just procrastinated until it never happens
                    The solution to this I find is to take charge and force the issue a bit. If they can't make it, bummer, but if all the rest of you can, get on with it I reckon. Make a Whatsapp group for it, put the day/time/location in the first post, link to tickets if relevant and just make clear It's HappeningTM (but in a nice way).

Best solution to cat herding friends that I know of.

Comment

Blackpool Pleasure Beach no longer offer the cheap entry wristbands anymore (which don't include rides). It's just a flat full whack entry price for everyone now. Tory-esque levels of equality right there. This means we can't go there (as well as Arcade Club) as my mum is too old for rides and my wife is p-reggers.

FFS. It looks like I'm going to be walking around Blackpool for two days with my dick in my hand at this rate.

Comment

My cousin just came back from Blacky, her other half hadn't really experienced it.

They returned with a couple of free gifts, covid for the pair of em.

Look after yourself and the missus.

Comment

Why bother its a tourist crap hole. So many nice beaches up and down the country that are people free.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            FFS. It looks like I'm going to be walking around Blackpool for two days with my dick in my hand at this rate.
                            You'll blend in with all the stag parties then.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              You can't even do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                You can't even do that!

Just amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X