Fammydodd likes dogs.

Comment

What’s everyone been playing this week?

Are we doing 4 or 5?

4 is the sticky.
      5 is after 4.

Haway, man. Get it sorted.

Comment

Sega Lord X's horrendous intro. I actually don't mind watching his vids (occasionally, mind) but that bloody Panzer Dragoon is embarrassing and the Shinobi sword slashy thing is poo-poo. I know it's an irrelevant, petty little irk but what the hell IS that intro?

Comment

Unless Dragons appear they really need to abolish knighthoods

Comment

I'm exasperated by the stuff I'm seeing online these days.

Recently, there was a protest near us about the lockdown. Now, I disagree with said protest but fine, if people want to protest, whatever. The bit which got to me, though, was how loads of them had signs saying "NO 5G, NO DEEPSTATE", basically confirming they believe all this bull**** online about how 5G is mind control, or causes Covid-19, or even just that it's harmful (when the "radiation" of 5G is only a fraction of the EM radiation in the sunlight they're getting while protesting outside).

This is similar to the whole "flat earth" thing, which used to be a bit of a joke until people died trying to prove it, showing that some people are just too easily led, and this kind of stuff is harmful.

I dunno. I'm a pretty easy-going person with most things, and I'm quite liberal in many respects. I'm generally fine with people believing all sorts of stuff that I don't personally believe, and letting them get on with it.

But for some reason, when you've got people genuinely thinking that 5G causes Covid-19 - people who will fight to defend that belief - I get super-authoritarian. I want there to be some means to sit those people down and not let them leave until they honestly understand why that's utterly bonkers, in the manner that a parent speaks to an unruly child that's saying stupid things about which they're clearly just repeating something they've heard.

And that's a terrible way to be; but it bothers me because these people are causing genuine harm. This isn't just some internet crackpot theory; it's people attacking telecoms workers and riding unsafe balloons up to the stratosphere.

Comment

Shoot them, same for all the ones who think they can do want they want during a lockdown. Disgraceful seeing places like Devon and Cornwall gridlocked with cars.

Comment

You weren’t say that when the CountyDurhamWatch website put out an appeal for witnesses, after their CCTV spotted a fat-sounding Lupin-look-a-like parked near a well-known Coxhoe dogging site, flashing out ‘COCK WANTED’ in Morse code on his car headlights.

Comment

Well that wasn’t me, I wouldn’t flash the headlights repeatley on my car incase a fuse or relay went

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Well that wasn’t me, I wouldn’t flash the headlights repeatley on my car incase a fuse or relay went
                    I doubt [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] would go, I don't think he's into all that.

Comment

HMV web store.

Twice in the last fortnight I've ordered something from them which states it is "in stock". Once my order has been confirmed, the item I've ordered changes to "back in stock soon" and my order sits there.

Not exactly a real world problem but it is frustrating to order something which you believe to be available which isn't.

Comment

So I had a brief discussion with my boss about permanently working from home every Tuesday for childcare reasons when my wife goes back to work. He said no.
                        I suspect that if I didn't have that pesky Y chromosome it wouldn't be a problem at all. I'd have a hard time proving it though.

Comment

Wearing face masks over your mouth... but not your nose.

*sigh*

Comment

National Holidays is dead. Gone into administration, all holidays cancelled.

Damn, so many memories of taking various birds on little breaks around the UK (and twice to Belgium).

Damn and double damn. Got loads of really nice memories of my various excursions. Been to some really nice places, Awwww, really sad and gutting.

Comment

Couple of doors down from me theres been a guy who has non stopped smoked weed this entire lockdown, morning, most the day & night, every day. The smell permeates all the houses around him and stinks out everything. One day last week i get home from a 14 hour day at work and just exploded on him, he gets in a little stoned huff and his parents tell him to go down the shed and smoke it (the guy’s about 25 I presume but looks like a lanky teenager).

To make matters even worse he’s been breaking quarantine constantly to go buy the stuff, but the best part? his mum works for the NHS, yep, his mum works for the NHS and he’s been out every other day buying drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                What’s everyone been playing this week?

Are we doing 4 or 5?

4 is the sticky.
                                5 is after 4.

Haway, man. Get it sorted.
                                Done. I'm not on often anymore, tagging a mod would've sorted it.

Comment

Working...
                                X