X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ach get back tae work, ya wee scunner.

Comment

Working more will cut down on my quality assurance product testing though Prin.

Comment

Thats just technical jargon for getting pissed all the time 😁

Comment

Sure is.

Comment

People wearing a facemask with either their nose hanging out or wearing it like a chinstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Thats just technical jargon for getting pissed all the time ��
              Industry jargon.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                People wearing a facemask with either their nose hanging out or wearing it like a chinstrap.
                I saw someone wearing it across their nose... Just their nose.

Comment

Probably mentioned these before

Google and youtube searching has got a lot worse...especially with Youtube I suspect there is some kind of money changing hand to bring up results that had nothing to do with what i was searching for.

Facebook.....see something i am interested in just as a i clicked on another link...press back....cannot find the thing i saw, happens in twitter to.

Comment

I'm really irked by house prices at the mo. I'm looking for a new place now that I'm single again but the post pandemic housing boom is driving buyers nuts. Houses were already way overpriced but this last few weeks has seen peeps going mad offering 15 - 20% over the value of the home report. I'm half tempted to rent for a bit and sit out this silly season but at my age that's just giving me even less time to pay up a mortgage.

Comment

We've got a house near us where in the entire street the highest price ever paid for a house was about £20K above the average and for that the garden had had a drive installed, it came with a garden/garage space a third bigger than the other houses, it was pretty modernised and the house had been extended by a full 50% in size above all others. That sold 6 months ago. Now another is for sale, it's been done up but it's superficial stuff like a new kitchen, some gravel, lights and paint etc and they want a full £25K-30K more than that previous record holder amount.

I think there's a fear that a Second Wave is going to wipe out their ability to move property for a while and so the aim for many is to grab what they can now but really the horse has bolted and too many peoples jobs etc are too at risk for big chances especially on house buying where you could be waiting donkeys years just to break even if your jobs secure because you overpaid out of panic. Feels like a lot of people are gonna lose a lot of money in that area soon.

Comment

I think you may be right there NI. Redundancies haven't really hit a lot of places yet but when they do the housing market will tank. The pent up demand as a result of lockdown has people basically panic buying. I'm fortunate to have a substantial deposit so will hopefully not encounter any negative equity but I pity anyone with a family on the way looking for something a bit bigger.

I've been looking at listings tonight and my old house which I paid £78k for 20 years ago sold two years ago for £167. Two doors up is now for sale starting at £190k! Lunacy. I wish my vRS had appreciated like that.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          I think you may be right there NI. Redundancies haven't really hit a lot of places yet but when they do the housing market will tank. The pent up demand as a result of lockdown has people basically panic buying. I'm fortunate to have a substantial deposit so will hopefully not encounter any negative equity but I pity anyone with a family on the way looking for something a bit bigger.
                          I'll be happy if we just see some of the buy-to-rent landlords in the poorhouse.

Apologies to anyone here who is one, and runs their business conscientiously. Just I've known enough that I would love to see stripped of all of their boom-time wealth.

Comment

I've been looking at listings tonight and my old house which I paid £78k for 20 years ago sold two years ago for £167. Two doors up is now for sale starting at £190k! Lunacy. I wish my vRS had appreciated like that.
                            Just wait until Christmas when redundancies are at an all time high and the whole market crashes.

Shame that didn’t work out for me that way. In the process of buying a factory 3 doors down from my current one. Was previously renting the yard for some extra space and the opportunity came up to buy the whole thing, so I obviously had to take it. Unfortunately i got striped up a good 50k over current market value, but long term i had no choice, the property completely secures the company’s long term goals, so it wasn’t an option and they knew it.

Oh well.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-07-2020, 09:16.

Comment

I'd be over the moon if I could find a house for 190K! (f**k London!)

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                                I'd be over the moon if I could find a house for 190K! (f**k London!)
                                Get yourself to the north east ... and bring those cabs with you

Comment

Working...
                                X