This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I hear they're remaking Wizard of Oz just so they can find you a heart.
    I no longer require any feelings, just cold hard efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
      Not the biggest spider we have had to evict. One was so big I was too scared to cross it as it in the way of the narrow stairs to get up to our first flat. The bloke said just to step on it but I explained it was so big it would overspill the width of my shoe if I stepped on it. This was about one a hand span wide and @Asura had to bleach that spawn of satan to **** with Flash kitchen spray and nearly set fire to it before scooping it up in a large dustpan and brush.
      To clarify for people, we used to live above a flower shop, and we shared their alley entrance to get into the flat which they used to receive deliveries, so there were a lot of... "Exotic"... Insects in there which came out their delivery crates.

Comment

Thankfully not in my house, but I once saw a spider outside a shop that was so big a dog was barking at it in fear. I think it was just a house spider that had eaten all the other house spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Are you two 5 years old?
          They wouldn't have been scared if they were five years old!

We learn the fear as we get older

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            They wouldn't have been scared if they were five years old!

We learn the fear as we get older
            Phobias are all learned reactions and we're not born with specific fears.

I think it's important to show my kids that I'm not afraid of various insects and that I will happily catch and release them, giving them the opportunity to take a look at some minibeast trapped under a glass. I caught a wasp at the weekend and we had a look at it.

Obviously, some EDF training kicks in, but I'm not scared of bugs.
            It's those flippin' Greys you have to be scared of!

Comment

A poll on NeoGaf which currently has it that nearly 70% of those who have responded intend to vote for Trump. Pretty much sums the community there.

Comment

That’s 70% full gob****e right there.

Comment

It's soul crushing enough without even getting to the actual posts beneath the poll itself.

Comment

Tories aren't going anywhere for the next 10 years either.

(jumps off bridge)

Comment

I think 90% of my hatred of spiders was my grandfather throwing them at me so so wasn't scared of them. Good ****ing job on that. Yes I was probably 6 or 7 at the time.

I try to release everything I can outside before the cat can get them, including whatever spiders we get up on the 10th floor.

Comment

This pretty much sums up the world we're currently heading into. For those of you embracing smart connected homes, good luck. https://gizmodo.com/a-sick-sous-vide...rip-1844533593

Comment

So time to make their own app for it?

Comment

People who own online sous vide machines should probably get in the sea.

Comment

The Juicero of sous vide.

Comment

Remember when you could just use a stove? Wait, you still can!

Comment

Working...
                                X