This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    If Blobcat has taken Asura's name in real life then it's only fair she amend her name on the forum to her new legal name - Mrs Asura - or indeed the opposite if Asura has changed his name Mr Blobcat (which sounds like a Instagram celebrity pet)
    I'd go with Blobsura

Comment

Blobcat: call Asura whatever you want.

Comment

I prefer Asscat

Comment

fishbowlhead, you're the angriest man on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            fishbowlhead, you're the angriest man on the internet.
            Hopefully he’s not the crossest man in Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Rant. It irks me when @Blobcat refers to Asura as him/bloke, we all know your married, please just refer to Asura.

Thanks
              lol

why does this annoy you?

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                Christmas family politics, like every f****** year.

Kinda made a massive sacrifice YET AGAIN to keep everyone happy but us by spending Christmas apart yet again to see our families this year unless restrictions are eased more in the UK from the 16th. We swore we would not do it again once we are married but this has been a unique year and we don't have much of a choice. If things get worse we will stay at home with each other, if things get better he will spend Christmas Day with us if somehow the 3 household rule can be improved on. If things get worse and more restrictions are put in place we stay at home, tough but it will be nice in our own way. In the last 6 years we have spent 1 Christmas day together and maybe 3 in the last 12 years.

(Edited cause of ranting)

Mum's not happy and kicking off we should be together but doesn't want us to not come up for Christmas. Now its all that we are ruining plans cause he is not there (its just minus 1 and we can't go anywhere) and keeps trying to make 'helpful' suggestions of how we can mix households which she knows very well we cannot do. I wish she could just be a bit sorry we are doing this but being grateful we want to see our parents so bad we are willing to do this.

I'd just like a year when everyone can agree we can see everyone at different times and accept we all can't have exactly what we want all the time. I think my mother struggles with that.
                My mother always invites me to spend Christmas with her. Some years I'd rather not go because I'm just not in the mood or I have more enjoyable/relaxing options or alternatives, especially as Christmas with my mother always means spending time with other family members who rub me up the wrong way, but, every Christmas, whether I want to or not, I go. Sometimes I have a pleasant time, sometimes I have a taxing time, but it always feels like it was the right decision to go.

Comment

Its been a tough year for her, I'm still standing my ground though but in the more "this is what we are doing in these circumstances" rather than asking her if its ok. It bugs me she gets herself so upset about stuff and is like a dog with a bone that won't let some things just go. Her getting upset makes me upset and its just so stupid when its over something nice like Christmas.

Christmas is really important to our family but the run up to it always ends up being a bit of a mess. My sister got her first house this year and I partially expected her to host Christmas this year as my mum has been hinting she does too much and its getting to her (again she chooses to go overboard).
                  [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] and I have mentioned we would like to host one year but we live in a 1 & 1/2 bedroom rented flat the other side of the country so its not practical. I hope one day if we do own our own home we will take over the reins from mum regarding Christmas as she grumbles about it as she goes bonkers overboard with hosting (but pulls off an amazing Christmas every year) but then gets insulted if anyone suggests her not doing it. Same when she is in the kitchen; complains no one helps her but shouts at any who enter to get out but I think that goes for anyone that's making the Christmas dinner, but this is my mum cooking in general. That's why my stepdad does prep and I do washing up to help but not when she is in there.
                  Last edited by Blobcat; 07-12-2020, 21:21.

Comment

The Grauniad. And myself for reading so much of it through links on here!

But the actual irk...

The message that follows each article...

"You’ve read 116 articles since January this year. And you’re not alone; millions have turned to the Guardian for vital, independent, quality journalism throughout a turbulent, challenging and historic 2020. Readers in 180 countries around the world now support us financially. Will you join them"

I may well have read (skimmed over) 116 articles this year, but, being kind, I should have been paid to read at least 115 of them. Utter biased drivel.

At least it's ****s and giggles over the bolded words (my bolding btw).

Comment

As long as you don't start saying The Spectator and Telegraph are unbiased news sources.

Comment

Yep, their hand in cap begging is tiresome and they're really heavy handed with it too. They've boosted their income massively with it but then they shouldn't have been so poor with money in the first place.

Comment

"Legitimate Interest"

Comment

The legitimate interest clause in the GDPR is a godsend to marketers.

(Not that I'm saying that's a good thing - it isn't)

Comment

Supermarkets have the audacity to push for donations for food banks to help out over Xmas whilst simultaneously, in a pandemic year, ramping up prices because Xmas food shopping week is about to hit

Comment

Top Hat Gaming!!!!!!!!

Why does this guy keep showing up in my feed?!

Comment

Working...
                                X