Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really an irk, more a deep sadness and disgust which occasionally boils over into anger. The way we treat animals as a commodity with scant regard for their well being. McDonalds' chickens are the subject of the video but sadly it's not just them as animal abuse/cruelty is widespread in the meat industry.

Watch the horrific conditions that baby chickens endure before becoming McNuggets.» Subscribe to NowThis: http://go.nowth.is/News_Subscribe» Sign up for our ...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      Top Hat Gaming!!!!!!!!

Why does this guy keep showing up in my feed?!
      Isn't he dead? So I can't see why. Am I confusing him with someone else? Thought he died of cancer.

Comment

You're thinking of TotalBiscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Ah yeah. He had a top hat logo.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Didn't he die of cancer, or have I mistaken him for another?

Comment

You’re thinking of Top Hat Gaming.

Comment

Comment

Secret Santa Everyone else getting crates of brewdog, or selections of nice ales, fancy bottles of wine or fancy chocs. Few really thoughtful gifts in the mix too that make you think someone really knows the person and tried really hard,

What did i get? a small multi pack of black socks its like someones impulse purchase at the checkout in Next

Comment

I got my Secret Santa person Baylis and Harding cranberry martini wash set in the end. Nice wash set for a lady that is related to Christmas and booze which she likes = win. She is the sort of person that would have been a bit disappointed if it was too personal, I think she is more the chocolate/ booze/ wash set type and more personal if we were better friends. I also got a nice scarf but, as my last scarf went down like a lead balloon, I'm tempted to keep it for myself.

I wanted to get her a craft set (needle felting) but as we were talking about it a lot she would have guessed it was from me. That wouldn't have mattered so much but amazon/ anyone with less than a week to deliver options and the fact loads were over £10 I didn't get it in the end. Same with the cat calendar, too easy/ guess it was from me (she is trying to get a Burmese).

I got socks for my last Secret Santa, they were designer ones with cyclists on (really big on his cycling) with a small box of chocies. Think he was a bit mixed about it but I have seen him wear them for work. Previous year I got a lovely faux fur hot water bottle for a new staff member who was expecting a baby which went down well but the year before I got a lady a very nice scarf and a box of chocolates and she was a bit confused.

So yeah Workplace Secret Santa can be really hit and miss. Got a basic mug with one of those wooden spoons with solid hot chocolate at the end of it (which was really good btw) and a copy of Tolkien's letters from Father Christmas book which I LOVED last year, the previous year I got a random Splatoon figure which was pretty cool. Can't even remember what I got before that so may have been something a bit dull.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      You’re thinking of Top Hat Gaming.
                      Ah yeah. He had a biscuit logo.

Comment

Just remembered! We had a wasp fly into our surgery today, A WASP IN DECEMBER!?!

Have they always been around in December or is my brain rotting from the sugar in my advent calendar chocolate?

Comment

Cold weather usually kills wasps but November was unusually clement (I had fruit flies in my kitchen in November which is very unusual) and likely the reason why some are still around. With no food to eat however they won't last long. Tough life being a summer insect.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                            I got my Secret Santa person Baylis and Harding cranberry martini wash set in the end. Nice wash set for a lady that is related to Christmas and booze which she likes = win. She is the sort of person that would have been a bit disappointed if it was too personal, I think she is more the chocolate/ booze/ wash set type and more personal if we were better friends. I also got a nice scarf but, as my last scarf went down like a lead balloon, I'm tempted to keep it for myself.

I wanted to get her a craft set (needle felting) but as we were talking about it a lot she would have guessed it was from me. That wouldn't have mattered so much but amazon/ anyone with less than a week to deliver options and the fact loads were over £10 I didn't get it in the end. Same with the cat calendar, too easy/ guess it was from me (she is trying to get a Burmese).

I got socks for my last Secret Santa, they were designer ones with cyclists on (really big on his cycling) with a small box of chocies. Think he was a bit mixed about it but I have seen him wear them for work. Previous year I got a lovely faux fur hot water bottle for a new staff member who was expecting a baby which went down well but the year before I got a lady a very nice scarf and a box of chocolates and she was a bit confused.

So yeah Workplace Secret Santa can be really hit and miss. Got a basic mug with one of those wooden spoons with solid hot chocolate at the end of it (which was really good btw) and a copy of Tolkien's letters from Father Christmas book which I LOVED last year, the previous year I got a random Splatoon figure which was pretty cool. Can't even remember what I got before that so may have been something a bit dull.
                            Yeah it can be really hit and miss, its a laugh though we have some real wtf moments over the years small Woodden owls, a tinned goose leg in goose fat, a heavy metal cds for old Doreen!!! Last year a guys in our office got a bird feeder he was in his 20s had never showed an interest in birds and was also allergic to nuts which the bird feeder was crammed with.

I think the absolute worst gift ive ever had in a workplace secret Santa was a small metal guitar pic with.a stylus nub hot glued on it, it was really sharp and badly made like the worst sort of wish crap you could magine. to top it off i cut my finger on it when opening this tiny ball of sellotape and paper

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Secret Santa Everyone else getting crates of brewdog, or selections of nice ales, fancy bottles of wine or fancy chocs. Few really thoughtful gifts in the mix too that make you think someone really knows the person and tried really hard,

What did i get? a small multi pack of black socks its like someones impulse purchase at the checkout in Next

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                tweet
                                Honestly you're on fire today QC

Comment

Working...
                                X