Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a bit of a mixed bag for me about the traffic. A bit more chaotic if I want to get to work earlier than just before I’m due as it’s school run time.

But now parents are moving their cars to drop their kids off and return to work I can actually find spaces to park when I get to work rather than spend half my travel time looking for a space.

Comment

Bought a Hakko FR-301 recently. Thought it'd be an ace bit of kit for the money but I've had zero luck with it, either I'm using it wrong or it doesn't have the suction I assumed it would. Just going to return it and stick with faffing around with a solder sucker and braid.

Comment

Council tax.

All of it irks me.

Everything about it.

Especially another £15 a year for racist murderers (amount of Band D increase in the GLA policing precept).

Edit - To clarify, the GLA element of Band D council tax has gone up by £31.59, which is 9.5%. £15 goes to racist murderers (the Met), £15 to fund free travel for under 18s and 60+ (no means testing), and a measly £1.59 to the London Fire Brigade to enact changes following the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
        Last edited by wheelaa; 16-03-2021, 14:42.

Comment

Went into morrisons this morning to get some ibuprofen, gone from 40p a box of 16 up to £1.90 for 8

Comment

The Guardians obsession with Beyonce and their eagerness to buy into the fake image promoted by the Kardashian of Pop

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Went into morrisons this morning to get some ibuprofen, gone from 40p a box of 16 up to £1.90 for 8
              Ummmmm, they haven't in mine. Nah, not at ALL!!!!

The Noubid ones they do at 60p for 16x200mg are brill. Hunslet branch always has them.

If you're paying that much for 'brufers, give your neck a shake!!!!

Comment

(it's just they don't replenish the shelves. Because all their shelf-replenishers are at all times looking into their phones and are 100% unreliable if you ask where the UHT milk is).

Comment

Work has a new ISP and this site is blocked.

Apologies that I've been unable to post bad puns recently.

Comment

Wind blew our barbeque over and shattered the handle on the lid.

...The bloody thing is over 20kg, now I have to MacGuyver something to fix it as I can't be lifting an iron lid at 500 degree Fahrenheit with my bare hands. I have some barbeque gloves, but still. And just the same morning I picked up some nice sirloin steaks to grill this week when the temperature recovers.

Comment

I've just received yet another rejection email after a good interview a few weeks back; it does sting, but I'm still determined one to get a permanent job one of these days!!

Comment

Dog diarrhea peppered all over my persian rug. Might have to chuck it.

Comment

Did it really tie the room together?

Comment

Looked a bit tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Did it really tie the room together?
                              Always nice to see a quote from such a classic

Comment

April fools (and no this is not a April fools lol) now i do not mind the odd one but when say a big games developers or publisher says something that people would really really want I think that is just evil and a bit tone deaf

Comment

Working...
                                X