Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you could just trim down the legs that are wonky/too long right?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      You know you could just trim down the legs that are wonky/too long right?
      It's not wonky or too long.
      The back support is the same height as the plug socket, so Maggie's face raises the table over it, without having to saw anything.

Plus, it makes me smile to abuse the book in this way, so win/win.

Comment

I assume you were given the book?

Edit - I have this story unfolding in my head...Person A gave this delight to person B, 'thanks' who silently palmed it off to C, who arranged a dark alley meet-up to hand to D, who slipped it in a shipment of games to E, who lobbed it in a skip only for F to stroll by dumpster diving, but it was too abrasive on the rear so it was left outside G's charity shop, and so on until it found its way to Q who was able to find a use for it!
        Last edited by wheelaa; 26-05-2021, 14:25.

Comment

I bet it was a Secret Santa gift off here.

Comment

Just potentially saved work £100k by finding a solution to shipping cost but probably won’t get any thanks!

Comment

I can never leave a chapter in a book unfinished, so it's very easy for me to just remember where I am and never have to use bookmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                Just potentially saved work £100k by finding a solution to shipping cost but probably won’t get any thanks!
                Thanks, mate.

Comment

Going to bed on a Friday night looking forward to a lie in after getting up at 5:30am for work during the week and then being wide awake by 6am on Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    I can never leave a chapter in a book unfinished, so it's very easy for me to just remember where I am and never have to use bookmarks.
                    How many books do you have on the go at once?

Comment

Appreciate the book interest, guys.

My wife bought the Thatcher book from the local library in a book sale for a whopping 10p, thus really propping them up financially.

She bought it specifically for page folding where it will sit on the class bookshelf at the school she teaches at.

Here's an example of the school logo she did:

This book is called "Fanny and Stella", which sounds like a great weekend, but she thought it was a delightful tale of two Victorian ladies.

She was happily folding the pages but passages (pun intended) started leaping off the page, like this:

Turns out it's the true story of two Victorian men who convincingly dressed up as women and went out getting lots of sex from other unsuspecting men.

My wife was concerned that the junior school kids would take the book down, look at the pages and have a lot of questions...

Comment

Also. Twitter school?

Comment

A genuine little thing that's irking me; you guys might remember I had an eye problem several years ago in my left eye.

I've now got a similar problem in my right eye; I got a blotchy, glittery mark in my vision which has left a permanent scar, just below my "point of fixation" (i.e. the centre of my vision). It faded a bit over the following 2 days and has improved a bit, but it's left a mark which is likely to be permanent, which I see most strongly when it transitions from a light to dark colour, like if I'm watching a movie and the characters go from a light to dark scene, I see a blotchy mark for ~5 seconds which always draws my attention, and is always kinda visible (it's hard to describe) in other circumstances.

Saw the opthalmologist, and he said nothing could be done, same as last time, because after an hour from onset, changes to the retina can't be reversed and, also, they only operate/DO ANYTHING if it's an issue which is clearly going to leave you functionally blind (because most of the treatments cause as much of a problem as they solve, so it's a game about saving any of your sight).

The worst part of it is that this all happened while I was sitting, motionless, on the sofa. I wasn't working out, wasn't hung over, hadn't done anything that might lead to injury. I was just watching the TV, the day after I'd had the AZ COVID vaccine, and it just happened, and now I'm stuck with it for life, ruining every game, every movie, every TV show, every day out. The doctor has said that they don't believe it's related, and is just a coincidence, but I don't know... I've had this happen 2 times in my whole life and one of them was just after the vaccine; it seems an absurd coincidence.

Now I have to decide whether I'm going to abstain or get the 2nd dose and I just have no idea what to do. The doctor says it should be fine, but doctors said it should be fine last time and they don't have to live with this problem.

Comment

Sorry to hear that fella, sounds like an absolutely crap situation to randomly find yourself in. The eye is such a delicate thing 😟

Comment

Yeah, that really sounds terrible. And the fact that there is nothing that can be done must be incredibly frustrating.

Comment

I don't know what I'm going to do about the second dose. I find myself swinging between yes or no literally every hour. If I go for it I'll be ****ting a brick for 72 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X