Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I'd be laughing my ass off if a bunch of Taliban scrambled jets. No helmets or flight gear.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Well, according to The Sun, the 9/11 terrorists learned to fly using Microsoft Flight Simulator, so if the Americans have left behind a powerful enough PC to run it, we could be in trouble.
      Or like most PC gamers, they could just spend ages tweaking the graphics filters, rather than actually playing it.
      So you're saying that the easiest way to stop terrorism is to drop a PC with faulty graphic card drivers and have terrorist contact support to try solving the problem.

Comment

It doesn't have to be faulty, you just have to drop little hints like "If you reduce the cloud effects, you can boost the framerate and if you tweak the weather a bit, you can increase the resolution."

Seriously, they'd be fiddling for years, rather than learning to fly and by that point they'd be eyeing up a new graphics card and reasoning that it's an investment to prolong the life of the PC, even though the card is the same price as a new console.

Civilisation is saved by the Master Race of gamers!

Comment

Haha!!! Love the idea of delaying them by having them tweak settings!

Being slightly serious you certainly can learn to fly real aircraft using modern simulators. Only out of service vehicles tend to get modelled though so I doubt there’s a simulator for a black hawk.

Comment

No, Brad. It's impossible. You'll never finish fine tuning the ratio of shadow detail to framerate.

Comment

Hopefully someone inverted the controls before leaving.

Their maiden flight will be like that scene in Galaxy Quest.

Comment

"Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy."

Comment

Is there anything you can use to make a rudimentary lathe?

Comment

Driving home at peak time and a crowd of people campaigning for kids not have the vaccine are standing with placards and banners...

tipping into the road on a corner of a four lane five junction peak moving traffic motorway intersection junction. Literally a case of them thinking of somewhere that people will see them as they drive by and putting absolutely sod all self awareness or common sense into the levels of sheer stupidity being in that spot will cause let alone the potential for them causing a situation where a kid ends up without a parent as a result of the massive pile up caused by their moronic placement or even the more ironic harm a passenger child themselves could be put into.

Honestly, if natural selection applied to mankind again the population would be sub 0.5bn by Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Honestly, if natural selection applied to mankind again the population would be sub 0.5bn by Xmas.
                      Hopefully.

Comment

The shelves in my local Tesco Express have been looking a little bare the last couple of days.

I thought it might be all those twazzocks and their fizzy water fetish (who are likely the first to bemoan the state of the environment...). Popped there today...it's shut for a few weeks for a refurb so they were just running stuff down.

Argh. Super handy little place.

Comment

Broken water pipe in my apartment. Again. Last time was Febraury. Last time I had to live without half the kitchen for a month, as well spend multiple vacation days staying at home because I couldn't ask no one else.

Now I've already spent 2.5 vacation days for this break up, and today they came and tore the kitchen apart once more, only to discover that the walls are not wet. But a survey a last week highlighted that walls are more humid near the pipes, and the allegedly broken pipe is shared by the kitchen and the bathroom.
                          Hopefully it's not the bathroom and even more hopefully they'll have to work in the apartment below mine and I can stop worrying about this today. The hydraulic is coming to check everything again at 16.

Comment

My right knee has started to make a noise and feel clicky over the past week. No pain but defiantly audible to others (mainly hear it going upstair at work). Its one of those things I feel if I dont get it looked at it could turn nasty

Been trying all week to get a GP appointment for something unrelated anyway but I am always 8th in the queue when I call and when I try to book online its always booked.

Comment

This is not an irk, but genuinely infuriating: the way the monarchy are simply going to dodge the issue of Andrew's alleged paedophilia by simply refusing to accept/acknowledge that legal papers have been served: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58523119

Comment

In an ideal world this would be another notch toward abolishing the monarchy but instead everyone will brush over it and continue to pretend the Queen isn't a complete POS

Comment

Working...
                                X