Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody car tax. What are they doing with that money? Our roads are a bag of ****.

Comment

Yep, I'm guessing it gets sucked up into the welfare state or everything else when it should be directed back into roads. I thought that the gov did change the rules and put more into the roads but it clearly isn't enough.

Comment

It is weird how it is linked to emissions too. There are a bunch of electric trucks paying no tax yet damaging the roads. I think anyone with a vehicle on the road should pay a flat rate tax that is used on the roads. Yes, including bicycle users!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          It is weird how it is linked to emissions too. There are a bunch of electric trucks paying no tax yet damaging the roads. I think anyone with a vehicle on the road should pay a flat rate tax that is used on the roads. Yes, including bicycle users!!
          That's not great logic though. If you're suggesting people pay because of road damage, cyclists should pay so little as to effectively be nothing.

The electric thing is just a temporary measure until many people have electric vehicles. Then the government will add some kind of tax to electricity which will, curiously, equal what we're paying for petrol right now.

Comment

Correct and the sooner we get a solar panel that can at least trickle charge a car cell for a few hours the better.

Comment

The irk for me is that I had a letter waiting for me when I got in... asking for car tax!

I mean, it would be a road usage tax. That would be used to pay for roads.

Comment

If i get caught behind another escooter drug dealer who’s so obviously on his rounds, going down the middle of the road with his man bag and matching trackies I'm going to kick his teeth out the back of his head.

Comment

When you get distracted by life and forget to do MS Rewards, resetting the day count back to zero

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    When you get distracted by life and forget to do MS Rewards, resetting the day count back to zero
                    Last week was bad. I would’ve had a four-week streak but I needed five more points hit 200. Five! I almost bought cheap DLC for that Friday 13th game to keep my streak but decided against it.

I made the mistake of clicking the YouTube video on the Monday prior otherwise it would’ve been 200 exactly.

Japan’s MS Rewards is pants compared to other countries so I’m trying to limit how much attention I give it.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Last week was bad. I would’ve had a four-week streak but I needed five more points hit 200. Five! I almost bought cheap DLC for that Friday 13th game to keep my streak but decided against it.

I made the mistake of clicking the YouTube video on the Monday prior otherwise it would’ve been 200 exactly.

Japan’s MS Rewards is pants compared to other countries so I’m trying to limit how much attention I give it.
                      Used pants, amirite?

Comment

Alberta has now got a downloadable vaccination record you can use to show you've had your shots.

....which comes as a PDF which they haven't locked, so anyone with the program can just make changes to it. *faceplam*

Comment

Looking at energy providers since my fixed rate tariff is about to end. Current place wants to double the cost but even the cheapest rates online are a fair bit higher than I'm currently paying. Its going to be a rough winter for the worst off.

Comment

Ours is rising but by about £10 a month, the main issue will be the supplier itself lasts

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Looking at energy providers since my fixed rate tariff is about to end. Current place wants to double the cost but even the cheapest rates online are a fair bit higher than I'm currently paying. Its going to be a rough winter for the worst off.
                              I'm in the same boat and have been doing the same. The advice about shopping around for a good fixed tariff is total bunk as everyone has inflated their new fixed tariffs and standing charges way above the variable rate cap that comes in on October 1st, generally by another third on top of the rate cap. One supplier I checked had doubled their standing charge. The cheapest option now is to to take the variable rate and hope Ofgem don't sanction yet another rise in the early New Year - but that's a lol as Ofgem are toothless clunges and industry stooges.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                I'm in the same boat and have been doing the same. The advice about shopping around for a good fixed tariff is total bunk as everyone has inflated their new fixed tariffs and standing charges way above the variable rate cap that comes in on October 1st, generally by another third on top of the rate cap. One supplier I checked had doubled their standing charge. The cheapest option now is to to take the variable rate and hope Ofgem don't sanction yet another rise in the early New Year - but that's a lol as Ofgem are toothless clunges and industry stooges.
                                Where fixed at the moment with EDF as their one of the big Six i doubt they will fail or that the goverment will let them Fail, my dad was on a fixed tariff with a smaller energy company and his was one of the first to go, he had built up quite a bit of credit which he wont loose but wont get credited to his new supplier for up to three months so it puts a lot of people in limbo, as they potentially cant move as they risk loosing their credit.

He's been put on british gas who are one of the most expensive suppliers at the moment and no doubt that will only get worse. the cost of energy wont cripple him but he will have to cut back a bit, it could be worse as hes not in the heat or Eat bracket that a lot of older people will be in.

That company that auto switches your energy to the best deal is no doubt screwed as well as are the people hopping about as their in line for a massive rise in monthly bills.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 23-09-2021, 09:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X