Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the police actually bothered getting all the drunk, drug & speeders off the roads it might actually help, instead of pulling people over for reaching for their drink safely.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-01-2022, 09:44.

Comment

Major irk for me is courts won't ban some people for being terrible irresponsible drivers even though they're convicted to the max...because they drive for a living and need to keep their licence. Isn't that the best reason in favour of banning them?

Comment

Wasn’t there an article recently with some girl getting 57 points in one hit for speeding every day but then blagged her way to keep he license as she said she was a key worker, when she blatantly wasn’t.

Comment

My latest irk. Sites not working on mobile. This isn’t 1999, sort it out.

Comment

Speeding is low on my list of road irks. Bumper riders, people who pull half their car out into the middle of the road thinking it'll make traffic stop to let them out, pedestrians walking out decked in black at night, lane changers/corner takers without indicating, cyclists on the bypass rather than using the cycle lane they're riding in parallel with, motorway joining cars approaching at half the speed they should be etc all much more commonly an issue on my commute

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Speeding is low on my list of road irks. Bumper riders, people who pull half their car out into the middle of the road thinking it'll make traffic stop to let them out, pedestrians walking out decked in black at night, lane changers/corner takers without indicating, cyclists on the bypass rather than using the cycle lane they're riding in parallel with, motorway joining cars approaching at half the speed they should be etc all much more commonly an issue on my commute
              All of these, but especially the ninja ramblers.
              I drive down a couple of country roads on my commute and quite regularly I'll see someone walking along in the darkest clothes they have, in the dark and freezing fog.
              I thought there was discussion of making it law that kids' coats need some reflective strips on them?
              These aren't children though, these are grown morons.

Also, with the dark mornings and evenings, you always seem to see at least one idiot with a headlight out.

Bonus irk: That idiot was me last week...

Comment

I just assumed other drivers don’t have headlights i see them so infrequently.

Comment

Look up from Candy Crush when you drive.

Comment

Should i stop doing my MS points as well on the drive home? Well this is all very inconvenient.

Comment

I did once have a woman in the car behind me looking at her lap with an obvious glow of a tablet on her knee.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        I just assumed other drivers don’t have headlights i see them so infrequently.
                        That is so common these days especially since streetlights went from orange sodium lamps to LEDs.

Comment

Opposite for me. Headlights on during broad daylight... why?

School - Wrong call made there

Comment

Everyone should have their lights, or daytime running lights on in daylight, it shows the car is on and moving.

Comment

Surely it's only questionable if its running if it's a silent electric car and stationary?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Hmmm, not sure. What antisocial behaviour was going on?

Only hesitant to criticise here given how bad public toilets usually are in the UK, which from my own life experience started with people at school. This is something very specific that annoys me about British society.

I mean if the school says "we had to clean human **** off the walls multiple times" I wouldn't immediately assume they were exaggerating.

Comment

Working...
                                X