This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Hmmm, not sure. What antisocial behaviour was going on?

Only hesitant to criticise here given how bad public toilets usually are in the UK, which from my own life experience started with people at school. This is something very specific that annoys me about British society.

I mean if the school says "we had to clean human **** off the walls multiple times" I wouldn't immediately assume they were exaggerating.
    Yup, and vaping in the toilets is popular now in schools, also. I'm sure it was smoking in the 90s and vaping is far less offensive but you always get teachers who think it's equivelent to heroin.

Comment

It was almost a challenge at our school to make the toilets at devastated as possible. They were always flooded, **** in the urinal, toilet roll thrown at the wall.

Comment

Passenger locator form. May be required to be shown when you land back in England. Salzburg airport asking to see every single one of them. No way they were getting everyone through on time. Reps did nothing. 90 minutes late taking off, land in Bristol and swisspost don’t take the baggage off cos it’s an unscheduled flight. Anger ensues, nothing really done about it until I told some official that was our luggage and we were going to get it ourselves (implying that at least half the passengers present had my back, which was a lie) whereupon they rapidly found it all lol. Lucky to have got away at all but I hate it when they airport is basically manned by screens, no humans. I want someone to vent at!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          It was almost a challenge at our school to make the toilets at devastated as possible. They were always flooded, **** in the urinal, toilet roll thrown at the wall.
          I'm really conflicted about this.

Because I dislike the idea of corporal punishment. I don't believe it's right, and believe it's universally wrong for parents/teachers to hit kids.

But when I read things like this, and I remember my own similar experiences at school, it does make me think that there are some people who, when they do these things, need someone just to give them a slap and physically force them to clean it up.

And I hate that I feel like that.

Comment

Because I dislike the idea of corporal punishment. I don't believe it's right, and believe it's universally wrong for parents/teachers to hit kids.

But when I read things like this, and I remember my own similar experiences at school, it does make me think that there are some people who, when they do these things, need someone just to give them a slap and physically force them to clean it up.

I definitely would have benefited from having someone sit down with me and tell me I didn't need to be a dickhead and I should concentrate on my studies instead. I was never one to wreck toilets though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Passenger locator form. May be required to be shown when you land back in England. Salzburg airport asking to see every single one of them. No way they were getting everyone through on time. Reps did nothing. 90 minutes late taking off, land in Bristol and swisspost don’t take the baggage off cos it’s an unscheduled flight. Anger ensues, nothing really done about it until I told some official that was our luggage and we were going to get it ourselves (implying that at least half the passengers present had my back, which was a lie) whereupon they rapidly found it all lol. Lucky to have got away at all but I hate it when they airport is basically manned by screens, no humans. I want someone to vent at!
              Screens and automated services are freindlier than Swiss nationals though.

Comment

You'd hate the TikTok challenges that appeared last summer. There were schools where kids were stealing the sinks from bathrooms.

I definitely would have benefited from having someone sit down with me and tell me I didn't need to be a dickhead and I should concentrate on my studies instead.
                You, at your age now, thinking that would have worked back then is hilarious. Don't take offense, maybe I'm wrong. But from experience, unless they **** up and realise that themselves, it rarely helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  You'd hate the TikTok challenges that appeared last summer. There were schools where kids were stealing the sinks from bathrooms.
                  Y'see, that bothers me less than what happened when I was a kid. Maybe it's destructive but there's a logic there. They're posting videos for likes, or hearts or whatever metric TikTok uses to allow people to validate themselves in place of a personality.

But when kids did **** in the 80s and 90s there was none of that. It was being destructive for its own sake. Somehow that's worse.

Comment

For the past year I've work from home. We all signed contracts that state we now pretty much work from home always, unless you want or need to come to the office.
                    12 months later they've reviewed the situation and found that overwhelmingly it's women choosing to work from home. Because of this the office space is 'Male Dominated' and they are now having discussions about removing wfh.
                    So because of a perception of a 'Male Dominated' work space, they'll remove wfh from women. Nice.

Comment

For the past year I've work from home. We all signed contracts that state we now pretty much work from home always, unless you want or need to come to the office.
                      12 months later they've reviewed the situation and found that overwhelmingly it's women choosing to work from home. Because of this the office space is 'Male Dominated' and they are now having discussions about removing wfh.
                      So because of a perception of a 'Male Dominated' work space, they'll remove wfh from women. Nice.
                      There are going to be a lot of bumps in the road, with this stuff.

My office has committed to flexible working; but we also had an internal meeting about how we must not show favouritism for things like promotions for staff who work in-person vs. those who work at-home, or vice-versa.

That we've identified this is a concern is fine, because I can definitely see that this might happen unless it's addressed.

But I've no idea how we would address it, and I'm concerned it's going to get messy the first time someone feels they've been slighted and files a grievance.

Comment

Y'see, that bothers me less than what happened when I was a kid. Maybe it's destructive but there's a logic there. They're posting videos for likes, or hearts or whatever metric TikTok uses to allow people to validate themselves in place of a personality.

But when kids did **** in the 80s and 90s there was none of that. It was being destructive for its own sake. Somehow that's worse.
                        It was the same thing. You could still derive kudos/notoriety from peers before the invention of social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          It was the same thing. You could still derive kudos/notoriety from peers before the invention of social media.
                          Only if you told people. We had people do this stuff where no-one knew who it was.

Comment

Winter Olympics. Specifically unsuitable host cities (the snow bit), politics, the usual BS.

China is promising a greener Winter Olympics, although critics are not sure if it can deliver.

Comment

There are going to be a lot of bumps in the road, with this stuff.

My office has committed to flexible working; but we also had an internal meeting about how we must not show favouritism for things like promotions for staff who work in-person vs. those who work at-home, or vice-versa.

That we've identified this is a concern is fine, because I can definitely see that this might happen unless it's addressed.

But I've no idea how we would address it, and I'm concerned it's going to get messy the first time someone feels they've been slighted and files a grievance.
                              Would this not be a stupid thing to do. All that could happen is home working ends.

Comment

The Logitech G402 I purchased to replace my old MX510/MX518 mice is garbage. The middle mouse button never seems to work correctly when clicking.

Just re-release the old mice Logitech. You hit perfection, I don't need all this new **** you keep adding.

Comment

Working...
                                X