This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK is a classist ****hole.

"It's not about where you're from, it's where you're going".

Until you're involved with their daughter, then all of a sudden it's not. Then it really does seem to matter where you're from, what your parents do and what accent you have. Then you're ****ing dirt.

I hate this island.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      "It's not about where you're from, it's where you're going".
      Yeah; this is definitely something people say which just isn't true.

My degree is from a redbrick university and I'm fully aware that if I apply for a job and I'm up against someone with an Oxbridge degree, theirs is worth more than mine unless it's diametrically opposed to the nature of the job. It's just how the UK is.

North-South divide. In/out of the M25 divide. England/Scotland/Wales/NI. Financial divide. Racism. Xenophobia. Rampant transphobia.

Frankly it's a miracle the UK ever accomplishes anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Yeah; this is definitely something people say which just isn't true.

My degree is from a redbrick university and I'm fully aware that if I apply for a job and I'm up against someone with an Oxbridge degree, theirs is worth more than mine unless it's diametrically opposed to the nature of the job. It's just how the UK is.

North-South divide. In/out of the M25 divide. England/Scotland/Wales/NI. Financial divide. Racism. Xenophobia. Rampant transphobia.

Frankly it's a miracle the UK ever accomplishes anything.
        It's impressive for sure; just misery and wretchedness all round. It's been 18 months and I've only met this women once, when I helped my girl move into a new place. It's been broached many times but she will not have anything to do with me, it's like I'm diseased. She's quite happy to talk **** about me though

Comment

That it's 2022 and CG quality is still generally so poor it breaks scene immersion. Saw chunks of The Mummy Returns at the weekend and whilst the Scorpion King at the end remains famously poor there's a remarkable amount of practicle work in the film. Bearing in mind that it's around twenty years old it looked broadly really good and utterly floored Uncharted.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            That it's 2022 and CG quality is still generally so poor it breaks scene immersion.
            I think there's a cadre of people in Hollywood who genuinely don't see this. Like it doesn't register given the cost savings/profits from movies.

Part of the problem might be the rise in super-hero movies, because I think I can tolerate "bad" CGI a great deal more when it's rendering things that are inherently unrealistic.

Comment

That it's 2022 and CG quality is still generally so poor it breaks scene immersion. Saw chunks of The Mummy Returns at the weekend and whilst the Scorpion King at the end remains famously poor there's a remarkable amount of practicle work in the film. Bearing in mind that it's around twenty years old it looked broadly really good and utterly floored Uncharted.
              The Luke scenes in Boba Fett are literally embarassing to watch.

Comment

Why they don't deepfake it I don't know. Youtube shouldn't be ahead of them

Another irk - Having to travel to three petrol stations to refuel

Comment

Why they don't deepfake it I don't know.
                  I think it was. I actually think they hired some YouTube dude who had deepfaked the scenes from The Mandalorian.

Comment

Boss at work irks me a lot, job is grand but been there for a few years and noticed a pattern

Boss comes up with new harebrained scheme every few months spends lots of money....realizes did not plan it through the first time and then spends more money on fixing it even though was told about the problems. He has aspirations of being a entrepreneur but has to realize it is just a petrol station/ small shop and that money often wasted could have been put to better use.

Speaking of which not just with work but also have seen locally ...change for the sake of change seen a few places spend a lot of money to do that ....but seems like a massive unnecessary expense to me
                    Last edited by eastyy; 04-03-2022, 05:01.

Comment

That feels beyond common in management. I don't understand why taking on the duty of ensuring the existing job is done to the best it can be is so difficult for them, why they feel the need to reinvent the wheel...

Comment

That feels beyond common in management. I don't understand why taking on the duty of ensuring the existing job is done to the best it can be is so difficult for them, why they feel the need to reinvent the wheel...
                        Pretty much it with work should concentrate on a select few things well rather then trying to do as much as possible.

Comment

My iPhone updated during the night and the browser now has the search bar at the bottom instead of the top. It’s driving me mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            My iPhone updated during the night and the browser now has the search bar at the bottom instead of the top. It’s driving me mad.
                            There is an option to move it back to the top thankfully. I forgot how I did mine but Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              In Safari, tap the aA icon in the left part of the search bar and the option to move it down will be at the bottom of that menu (Show bottom tab bar).

I hated it at first but I decided to try getting used to it and now I prefer it at the bottom.

Comment

Ooft, cheers guys, normality returns!

Comment

Working...
                                X