X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(I said "bananas", initially).

Comment

Some bastard keeps setting off the fire alarm in my girlfriends block of flats, so I'm sat in a taxi on my way home with a banging headache, hoping I can get some semblance of sleep before I get up for work in a few hours.

She moves in a couple of weeks and I cannot bloody wait.

Comment

This guy who unprovoked punched Rick Moranis in the face yesterday

Comment

^ yeah, I saw that. Seems all political sides are unified in saying that guy needs a slap himself and it's like when the Axis n' Allies played football in the trenches on Xmas day back in The War and it warms my heart like hot chocolate on a winter's night.

Not fair, he's tiny, nearly 70, and gave up his entire megabuck$ career in his late prime when his wife died of leukaemia to look after his kids.

Let's make one thing clear: NOBODY slaps Rick Moranis. Bottom line.

Comment

Bought a new keyboard for my desktop the other day after screwing up my old one while trying to clean it out. New one insists on saving power by turning off after about 5 minutes of inactivity, meaning nearly every time I go to use it, I have to wait for it to power back up and re-sync. Can't seem to find any way to alter it, either.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Bought a new keyboard for my desktop the other day after screwing up my old one while trying to clean it out. New one insists on saving power by turning off after about 5 minutes of inactivity, meaning nearly every time I go to use it, I have to wait for it to power back up and re-sync. Can't seem to find any way to alter it, either.
              PROBLEM SOLVED

Comment

Oh man, been on the Jim Beam tonite. Had about £5.51's worth of XBLA credit after buying REDEEMER and METAL WOLF CHAOS XD in the sale a few hours back.

Was downstairs watching a film (FUNNY COW) then came back upstairs in the haze of the bourbon drunken hour wanting to buy games...

...typed 'Technos' into the shop's search engine a few mins back, went for a wazz, came back, fiddled about with the controller and accidentally bought RENEGADE for NES for £4.19.

It wasn't what I intended...but I own it now. I have to abide by it and be happy with that decision.

It's final.

(NO way will it replace my beloved ZX Speccy version, mind!!!!!!!)

Comment

Actually, it's quite fun.

If all retro ROMs were £4.19 with cheevz I'd likely be a very happy old bastard.

Comment

PS: I also got FATAL FURY SPECIAL. Forgot to say. £6.39, lol, but whattagame!!!!!

Comment

Really fancy some cheese and red onion kettle chips/ crisps from over the road but thanks to our new quarantine all we have is the duty free chocolate we bought last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        Really fancy some cheese and red onion kettle chips/ crisps from over the road but thanks to our new quarantine all we have is the duty free chocolate we bought last night.
                        Try Deliveroo/Uber Eats. They have plenty of newsagents on there where you can buy chocolate and crisps. And even Co-op for more 'proper' stuff like cheese.

I'm the laziest person ever so I order so much bull**** to be delivered to me like this.

Comment

I'm surprised he was able to reply so quickly, given he's only getting informed about new posts when the courier turns up with the printed copy of new posts in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Try Deliveroo/Uber Eats. They have plenty of newsagents on there where you can buy chocolate and crisps. And even Co-op for more 'proper' stuff like cheese.
                            I had no idea this was possible.

I need to check if they do that here. This could change my life.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              I'm surprised he was able to reply so quickly, given he's only getting informed about new posts when the courier turns up with the printed copy of new posts in the thread.

I never miss an opportunity to inform people about you can get utter trivialities brought directly to you in under an hour. Lockdown played right into my hands - finally, not leaving the house and getting everything delivered is a heroic, selfless act, rather than abject laziness/a sign of depression.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I had no idea this was possible.

I need to check if they do that here. This could change my life.
                              You never need leave the house again. It's like a mailroom round here some days the amount of couriers coming and going with packets of Smarties, pints of milk and other random items that cross my mind as something I want.

Comment

The day someone brought cold beer to my door within 1 hour via Amazon Prime Now was the day my life changed for the better.

I remember being disproportionately impressed the first time I used Deliveroo too. Got a Wagamamas delivered in York on a weekend away. McDonald's breakfast via Uber Eats is a game-changer too.

Comment

Working...
                                X