This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    It’s totally a fair point. It is way easier to buy stuff online, especially if it’s even remotely obscure.

As pathetically insignificant as I am as one person versus Bezos’ 150bn dollars, I do try and avoid Amazon just because I kinda hate them. For books online I use Wordery or Waterstones, for games The Game Collection, Shopto or myriad others (usually much cheaper than Amazon too), and for Blus Zoom. Zavvi, or direct from Arrow etc.

All of my real life friends think I’m weird for not having Prime and using that for everything
    I don't like Amazaaaan, don't have Prime and only use them when I have to, even when they are cheaper I usually go to Argos or somewhere local, Waterstones etc.

Comment

To be honest, I'm a tightwad who will buy from whoever is the cheapest and I just find it very rare that Amazon actually is.

Comment

Sadly Amazon is my main go to, there really isn't a lot of options. I try to buy from the BestBuy near me, but they can only have so much stock.

Comment

Got a nice bracelet for our lass for Valentine’s Day, not some rubbish out the back of a van, a proper one from a real department store. Even though I was paying some fair old money for it, they have the nerve to charge you extra for the box it goes in! No chance.

I accept you’ve got to pay decent money for precious metals, but I refuse to pay money into this little cardboard box scam. However, it does now mean I’ve got to spend my evening skulking around town in the rain looking for a vaguely appropriate storage/presentation receptacle. This will inevitably cost me at least an hour of my time and I’ll still end up having to pay a quid or something, but that’s not the point.

Basically, I’m exchanging a load of inconvenience for being a man of principle (and maybe a couple of quid). I’m not happy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Nodded politely to a random guy outside my flat while locking my front door, he says ‘Hi, I’m your neighbour. Do you have WiFi? Can I have the code?”

When I laughed and said no, he wanted to know why not!

I just told him it would be insecure and I wouldn’t be giving it out.

The cheek of some people, honestly. I can’t imagine asking a stranger for the WiFi password.
            Change your SSID to something sinister.
            "Temperary sting operation"

Comment

I can't spell....

Comment

Take all your devices off the wifi, give him your password then infect all his devices with viruses, something that bricks hardware.

Comment

Maybe just go over there and stab his eyes out too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Maybe just go over there and stab his eyes out too.
                      That's a bit much isn't it???

Comment

Thanks guys some good ideas. I think what I will do is just carbomb him as that seems easiest/most proportionate.

Comment

Around midnight tonight I suddenly realised all my ideas about wedding table decorations and seating plans were around an old attendee numbers estimate which has since grown.

Now all the plans I have been adjusting to suit 3 long tables set to a U shape is now probably going to be loads of separate tables of 4, 6 and 8 people and some people sitting in the adjoining room. I did not predict this at all and now I can't sleep over thinking about it nearing 1am. All plans are now void

We live 8 hours away from the venue so just going and checking is not easy, I emailed wedding person 4 days ago regarding something else but they haven't gotten back to me and now it looks like I will have to drag both our asses up to sort some planning out. Bugger.

Wedding planning kinda sucks, I just wanna be married already and be on our honeymoon.

Comment

The overwhelming thing I remember about my wedding is that it's over in a flash and you don't have a single moment to enjoy it yourself. You'll be too busy talking with people congratulating you; you might have a few drinks and you might have a dance but then the nights over and your in bed. As long as you can pack everyone in they'll all have fun.

Comment

Elope. Loved it. Cost us about $CA4000 all in. No guests = no wedding presents, but considering my family owed me presents for my first wedding, I've let it go.

Comment

The lesson to be learnt here is: don’t bother getting married.

Comment

Working...
                                X