This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    This is the absolute worst time to have a cough and cold.

Me: *cough*
    Everyone: "Ooh, have you been to China/Thailand/Italy/Iran/etc.?"
    Get some stage makeup, make yourself look all zombielike and just show up at work sneezing

Comment

Called doc for a repeat prescription, earlier, got a two-minute long, ominous, prerecorded coronavirus message before I got put through to the receptionist.

Must admit it did get me thinking this is all starting to feel a bit like the beginning of Dawn of the Dead...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Must admit it did get me thinking this is all starting to feel a bit like the beginning of Dawn of the Dead...
        I hope not. The In-Shops in the Dundas Arcade won't cut it ... can't survive off of festival tat and e-cigs. Might be okay for post-apocalyptic army style fatigues though.

Comment

The Bluetooth on my phone has died.

Need to try and get a partial refund from the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            I hope not. The In-Shops in the Dundas Arcade won't cut it ... can't survive off of festival tat and e-cigs. Might be okay for post-apocalyptic army style fatigues though.
            I still reckon we will end up with a bandaged up parking attendant as the last line of government.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              *lights pilot on flamer*
              We should nuke him from orbit, just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Get some stage makeup, make yourself look all zombielike and just show up at work sneezing
                I don't look as bad as I feel, so I toyed with accentuating the bags under my eyes so people comprehend my suffering.

Comment

I'm irked because I have the Old World Blues.

It's a total emotional Fallout.

It's a New thing for me.

It makes me wanna run away to Las Vegas and gamble my life away...

( #exemplaryprimate )....

Comment

Keep buying wedding tat when the house is covered in it and I don't really have the funds this month for wedding tat.

Spent my birthday Hobbycraft gift card on wedding tat and a new glue gun which I have spent half the evening looking for our old one. I even resorted to looking in the Spider Cupboard (where most barely used but useful tools are kept) but alas its gone.

Been waiting over a week to start making a decorative sign for the big day and SOMETHING keeps delaying it. It will probably melt or catch fire when I get the glue gun if I'm honest but I'm gonna give it a go.

Comment

I want to buy some stuff from China, but probably shouldn't...

Comment

In an effort to isolate the spread of Coronavirus in Italy, the government decided to lockdown Lombardy and the Swiss government is mulling whether or not closing the border. Spoke with my parents on Saturday and they are fine, but can't say I'm not worried.

Comment

I'm finding it hard to really know how much to be concerned about it. We've had so much media hype about the latest diseases that we're in a Boy Who Cried Wolf scenario but the thing about that story is that there was eventually a wolf. Is this the wolf? I don't know. Are all these cancelled events being a bit ridiculous or should we be locking things down much more? Thing is, here in Ireland we had an opportunity to do a total lockdown and contain it but we're rubbish for just shrugging our shoulders and carrying on as normal - it is the way of our country, it seems.

And now the really important questions are starting to arise - BTS playing in London in July but if I spend loads on tickets and flights and accommodation and it gets cancelled, I likely won't get the flight and accommodation costs back. So do I risk it? What's funny is that there is also an industry event on in July and I am willing it to be cancelled so I can just stay at home this year. I'd actually love a lockdown year... except for missing my seven angels play in July.

But really, I don't know how bad this is at all. I don't know how much is hype and how much is a genuine concern. All I know is that people panic-buying toilet roll rather than food are hilarious.

Comment

Yeah, the toilet roll thing is bizarre. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure coronavirus doesn't make people **** themselves to death.

Comment

It appears to be hoarding of basic "essentials" that have no or long shelf life, so toilet paper, paracetamol/aspirin/ibuprofen, hand sanitiser, powdered or UHT milk etc.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Taking advantage of this Corona panic buying and listing all my Pauly Shore videos on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                                X