Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sooner we wipe out wildlife the better.

Comment

I live on the seventh floor of a building. Therefore: things that don't fit in lifts. Today, it's shower panels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        The sooner we wipe out wildlife the better.
        Agreed. Terry Nutkins was the only reason I paid any attention to wildlife and he died years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I live on the seventh floor of a building. Therefore: things that don't fit in lifts. Today, it's shower panels.
          In our last place, I got a 3-seater sofa soon after I moved in. A few years later they renovated the lift. When we moved out, we abandoned it in the hallway as we physically couldn't fit it in there after they lowered the roof. A friend of mine in the building and his wife took it down the stairs somehow. Amazing what people can do when there's a free sofa involved.

Comment

Pivot.

Comment

We got them all up in the end, and I have the cuts to prove it.

Comment

My name is Fuser.
                Originally posted by fuse View Post
                I live on the seventh floor

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  In our last place, I got a 3-seater sofa soon after I moved in. A few years later they renovated the lift. When we moved out, we abandoned it in the hallway as we physically couldn't fit it in there after they lowered the roof. A friend of mine in the building and his wife took it down the stairs somehow. Amazing what people can do when there's a free sofa involved.
                  We went to a bed fair a few years ago, they were selling off mattresses that were still sealed but had been returned. The delivery guys would find they couldn't get them through the lifts and would have no choice but to take them back(and charge some fees, of course).

We were smart and went for two regular mattresses and a queen size frame(which arrived flat packed). We didn't know the lift dimensions off-hand but I told the salesman I'm 185cm and don't need to duck into the lift.

Comment

My electrician was telling me a similar story about a block of offices he was working at about a year ago in London.

Designers of one floor planned the entire floor out as closed offices but with 1 inch thick glass panels for sound insulation and basically because they looked cool. The panes were too big and heavy for the lift, so the poor installers had to lug each pane (300kg per piece) up to the 5th floor. Took over a month as people kept quitting the job as it was so labour intensive.

Rich guy buys the floor for his business, then proceeds to gut the entire floor and re do to his tastes. The original contractors all refused to go back and take out all the glass again.

Comment

Song modern loneliness by Lauv...ok song but lyrics in the chorus has one line of la di da de da....makes it sound like they could not be bothered to write something lol, also irk is musicians who mmispronounce words to make it rhyme....oh and people who say urbs instead of herbs

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        Song modern loneliness by Lauv...ok song but lyrics in the chorus has one line of la di da de da....makes it sound like they could not be bothered to write something lol, also irk is musicians who mmispronounce words to make it rhyme....oh and people who say urbs instead of herbs
                        It's the old millennial Whoop. I feel like it started as a short 'oh' to bridge a gap and is now being used to fill whole verses.

Comment

Back in my day, we had thoughtful wordplay in songs such as ‘No no no no no no no no no no no no there’s no limits’.

Comment

That tit Banksy in general but especially his piling in a tube carriage and telling folks to go cram down one end so he could 'throw up' his art. Bell end, someone should have chinned him.

Comment

My AV receiver died at the start of lockdown. For some reason, and I don’t know why, I can’t bring myself to buy another. Prices seem silly for the features I want, but it irks me that the beautiful speakers I have are lay idle. Right now I think I’d forego the AV aspects for a great music biased amp with two zone amplification. Too far out the loop though!

Comment

John Lennon in interview with Bobby Seale, trying and failing not to come over as a total charlatan. "That's what I said in me song!" Get back in your white Rolls Royce and bugger off, you bell.
                                Last edited by Golgo; 18-07-2020, 08:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X