X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    No, it was a burger.

What kind of heathen eats a steak in their car?
    Carol Vorderman...wearing a bikini or something click-baity.

Comment

I saw her Sudoku game the other day in Computer Exchange. It was 50p I think.

Comment

Carol Vorderman's Sudoku and Sketcz's lightly used copy of DOAX2. A weekend of entertainment for £5.50, right there.

Comment

Comment

The charge will stay 30% higher and apply at weekends but evening hours will be cut under TfL plans.

A surprise to no one. I guess the 9.5% increase in the GLA precept wasn't enough. Useless ****bag of a Mayor.

(Very rarely do I drive in London these days, so this won't affect me...but still...)

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
              https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58000749

A surprise to no one. I guess the 9.5% increase in the GLA precept wasn't enough. Useless ****bag of a Mayor.

(Very rarely do I drive in London these days, so this won't affect me...but still...)
              I don't think any price rise is ever not permanent.

Pretty sure my cinema has paid off the surcharge for the ****ing 3D projectors now.

Comment

BBC's coverage of Tokyo 2020.

Loving the sport, but only have the BBC to watch it on...and the coverage is abysmal.

The Olympics is about sport, not presenters and former competitors talking about sport. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that well over 50% of the air time on BBC1 is the latter.

This morning for example...Bethany Shriever won gold just before 4.45am, just a few mins after Kye Whyte won silver. Brilliant for both, and of course I would expect a quick interview or two, a bit of discussion, a quick squiz at the medal ceremonies when they happened.

But I would also expect these to have been interspersed with other sports action. Lots of other sports were happening at the time, serious British medal propects in boxing, the athletics kicking off with w100m and stars like SAFP and DAS and so on.

So what happened. Well, the next sporting action we were shown was not until gone 5.30am. Instead we got about 38-40 mins of presenters talking to each other, 2-3 mins of interviews with the actual medal winners, and 2-3 mins of seeing the podiums.

Woeful.

Edit - And complaint filed. I've been a big BBC fan for many years, something that has waned over time as the overall quality of output has dropped. Final straw here for me. The sooner the disgusting BBC tax is abolished the better imo.
                Last edited by wheelaa; 30-07-2021, 13:40.

Comment

Yeah the BBC coverage has been ****. On a night its a quick highlight real of sports events that flash by too quick to notice, a load of chat, and then ****ing tik tok video of people dancing in their living rooms.
                  What happened to actually showing the sport?

Comment

There isn't a proper highlights show of a reasonable length either. It's 90 minutes long, which is too long imo. Otherwise there is a 10 minute British only propaganda video. Give me a 40-60 minute a night recap and don't just show sports where British are competing.

The German horse dancing to La La Land was good though.

Comment

Problem is the Beeb lost the Olympic full broadcast contract which went to Eurosport so they can show all the live streams.

We don't pay for any sports packs but we do get Eurosport 1/2 as part of out telly package, on top of that during the Olympics we get another seven so luckily we can see all the sports.

However commentary is generally poor save for Judo and a couple of the other minority sports. Swimming is particularly bad, nothing like the Beeb's plus they don't have Moorhouse and Davies.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                        BBC's coverage of Tokyo 2020.

Loving the sport, but only have the BBC to watch it on...and the coverage is abysmal.

The Olympics is about sport, not presenters and former competitors talking about sport. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that well over 50% of the air time on BBC1 is the latter.

This morning for example...Bethany Shriever won gold just before 4.45am, just a few mins after Kye Whyte won silver. Brilliant for both, and of course I would expect a quick interview or two, a bit of discussion, a quick squiz at the medal ceremonies when they happened.

But I would also expect these to have been interspersed with other sports action. Lots of other sports were happening at the time, serious British medal propects in boxing, the athletics kicking off with w100m and stars like SAFP and DAS and so on.

So what happened. Well, the next sporting action we were shown was not until gone 5.30am. Instead we got about 38-40 mins of presenters talking to each other, 2-3 mins of interviews with the actual medal winners, and 2-3 mins of seeing the podiums.

Woeful.

Edit - And complaint filed. I've been a big BBC fan for many years, something that has waned over time as the overall quality of output has dropped. Final straw here for me. The sooner the disgusting BBC tax is abolished the better imo.
                        Got to get their money’s worth out of the pointless people getting paid disgusting sums of money for talking about pointless things.

Comment

The BBC can only show two events at a time with this Olympics so there’s a lot of dead time to fill. I guess they decided not to get into a bidding war with Eurosport(the largest TV channel in Europe) as the ratings probably aren’t worth it.

Comment

You're right and I think the issue a lot of people have is the Beeb have tried to pass this off as a normal wall-to-wall sportfest when it's nothing of the kind but they still have loads of pundits and presenters gobbing off and basically filling the void between events.

Hopefully Eurosport will learn from this time and improve it in three years assuming they have the rights again.
                            They can do some sports very well, we love their tennis output and for us it pisses all over the Beeb's efforts at Wimby.

Comment

BBC certainly act like the official partner. I had no idea they weren't. Could that be why it isn't in 4k?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                BBC certainly act like the official partner. I had no idea they weren't. Could that be why it isn't in 4k?
                                Isn't it available in 4K through the iPlayer?

Comment

Working...
                                X