Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irk of mine are those "wrong answer only" topics....i really do not find them funny at all

Comment

Not looking forward to having to go back into the labs at work today where my infection risk is hugely magnified even moreso as we are testing & researching covid 19. Any one of my coworkers could be infected, i have seen how resident evil plays out thankfully the nhs can't afford fancy lab controlling ai like the red queen lol.

Just wanna stay at home where its safe.

Comment

Hope you stay safe [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION].

Comment

Songs where they mispronounce a word to make it rhyme or when they go to another language for a sentence or word to make it rhyme

Comment

So in relation to the problem with my eye mentioned earlier, I've now discovered I have a c-shaped blindspot around each eye (with the gap towards my nose in each eye). I went out for a really heavy night drinking a few years ago where I got so drunk that I left my bag in a taxi; it's the only time I've drank that much in years (I don't drink all that often). When I woke up, I had these thick C-shaped marks in my vision and the worst hangover I've ever had, but upon googling it, it looked like what's called an optic migraine and would recover, and true enough, before lunchtime the marks had faded, and I never thought any more of it.

Turns out while they did heal, it looks like they left some permanent damage. It's hard to see, because your brain does a lot of work to conceal these things so you can functionally see. To give an idea, I have a red LED on the bottom of my Panasonic TV; if I move it to the periphery of my vision, I can get it to disappear (like with my actual blindspot that everyone has); like I can see the TV and everything, but my brain "fills in" the tiny gap and it's as if it wasn't there. I can slowly move it around the C-shape so it's invisible until I move it closer or further from my centre of vision.

I never mentioned this to the opthalm as I always thought this had just healed without any problems. Additionally though I'm getting really disillusioned with opthalmology altogether, as retinal injuries are nearly always permanent or "they might get better" sort-of things, usually along with a "had we seen it sooner, maybe we could've done something", while meanwhile my opthalm seems to take weeks to respond to emails (even when COVID's not going on). I'm not quite sure why they have a whole brand of medical science that can't seem to fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              Songs where they mispronounce a word to make it rhyme or when they go to another language for a sentence or word to make it rhyme
              Every French song ever. And most rap. The challenge is to make it good enough that I don't mind

Comment

Sometimes, it can verge on genius. Check out this one where a guy rhymes Gwen Stefani with ten seconds. Should start at 1:27 in: https://youtu.be/UIsDhcu7HIo?t=87

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Sometimes, it can verge on genius. Check out this one where a guy rhymes Gwen Stefani with ten seconds. Should start at 1:27 in: https://youtu.be/UIsDhcu7HIo?t=87
                  It's not Gwen Stefani at all. It's that tell known musician Gwen Stefans...erm...

Comment

That's the genius of it right there!

Comment

I’ve lost a load of my Godzilla/Toho/Kaiju dvds.

About 10 Godzilla ones, including most of the 90s ones. The 90s Gamera trilogy. Space Amoeba. The Mysterians. A triple Toho pack. Frankenstein Conquers the World.

It is most concerning.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that VP has them and is keeping quiet.

Comment

What’s going on?! I was just watching a DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            End most rap
                            Aye, 'broke my sacroiliac', the sacroiliac is not something you see much in song lyrics.

Comment

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, legends.

Comment

Usually get paid around 22nd-24th of the month, later if the 22nd is on a Friday or weekend/ bank holiday. So was expecting with furloughing and stuff that pay would be coming later rather than the earlier date but , until 2 minutes ago, was expecting pay today or tomorrow. Not getting paid until Monday now, being emailed now when we can’t really do much about it.

Now having to mess about with some automated withdrawals and bump up my account with savings so I don’t get into my overdraft this month or I’ll start relying on it again. Damn

Comment

Working...
                                X