• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nasty Ted, sorry to hear that mate

Comment

Just walk it off Ted you’ll be fine.

Comment

Kylie Minogue's Real Groove
        It's been on the radio at work a few times in the last few days and by god has it ear wormed itself into my mind somehow. I keep catching myself humming it when I first get ready in the morning and random times during the day and I'm not even sure why it's so persistently invaded my brain.

Comment

The Nationwide advert with the poetry. Oof, no.

Comment

Johnson showing everyone how really sorry he is by going around yesterday and today with a face like Droopy.

Last edited by Golgo; 27-01-2021, 11:09.

Comment

Got in the car to go to work and it moved about 2 metres before dropping dead like a door nail and has not breathed life since.
              Managed to roll car back into it's space on the street somehow. No sign of life whatsoever.
              Uber wouldnt accept my payment at all so had to run for a bus in the rain so arrived at work late (on time to start luckily with help from management getting someone to set up for me when I warned them of my woes).
              I forgot my lunch and hearing my tales of woe, my dentist said he'd get us some lunch from the sandwich shop opposite...except he forgot his card so I paid for both of us (he gets me lunch often so dont mind paying for his it was just a shame!)

Had several bad patients/ cases in and my dentist offered to try his jumper cables to help in the rain but nothing happened.

Now called AA who didn't upgrade my membership to home start how I wanted to after last time this happened about 4 years ago so now paying £60+ to do that making my monthly payments £26 odd to be with them. App wont work to 'track' them as it either has my email wrong or just wont send the confirming email to me and they said it could be over 2 hours till they come.

if it wasn't for my post today it would have been a full on ****e day.

Comment

Everything I do turns to **** lately.

Comment

[MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]: hope you get better soon mate. Ice can be deadly. I slipped on ice 2 days before Xmas in 2010 and made a clean break right through my ankle, which to this day, still aches in the cold weather. At the time it was 3 months before the birth of the twins and when they were born I was still in a walking boot!

Comment

[MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION] Cheers mate. I'm on the mend - slowly.

My back and around the waistband of my jeans looks like a biro has exploded in my pocket and the lump is like having a third butt cheek!!

I can only sit in one chair in the house as the angle / cushion is just right from a pressure on the spine perspective.

On the plus side I'm being brought lots of cups of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                      Got in the car to go to work and it moved about 2 metres before dropping dead like a door nail and has not breathed life since.
                      Managed to roll car back into it's space on the street somehow. No sign of life whatsoever.
                      Uber wouldnt accept my payment at all so had to run for a bus in the rain so arrived at work late (on time to start luckily with help from management getting someone to set up for me when I warned them of my woes).
                      I forgot my lunch and hearing my tales of woe, my dentist said he'd get us some lunch from the sandwich shop opposite...except he forgot his card so I paid for both of us (he gets me lunch often so dont mind paying for his it was just a shame!)

Had several bad patients/ cases in and my dentist offered to try his jumper cables to help in the rain but nothing happened.

Now called AA who didn't upgrade my membership to home start how I wanted to after last time this happened about 4 years ago so now paying £60+ to do that making my monthly payments £26 odd to be with them. App wont work to 'track' them as it either has my email wrong or just wont send the confirming email to me and they said it could be over 2 hours till they come.

if it wasn't for my post today it would have been a full on ****e day.
                      You have the absolute worst luck.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        You have the absolute worst luck.
                        Yeah that day SUCKED!!!!

Luckily the nice dentist I mainly work with has been giving me lifts to and from work as he lives 2 minutes from me.
                        Having a bit of a nightmare getting the part I need to potentially fix the car, colleague of mine has a connection who works for Nissan who was trying to get me one, just found one on Ebay I am willing to try in the mean time.

I can cope arranging alternative transport to work (although I am not keen getting the bus with the pandemic on), its getting the weekly shop that nearly killed me this week without the car so I bought myself one of those wheeled trolleys (Sexy af right?) which will come in handy when we go camping in the future or I can give to my mum at some point if she is keen on using her car less in the future.
                        Also we had arranged to look at flats this weekend as we are starting to look at getting a morgage and to sample wtf we can get living in an area so expensive.

Managed to look at one yesterday that was just too small (living room wise, rest was just about managable with a nice kitchen), included a parking space, bike shed and was minutes away walking from work but SO dark it was like living in a cave.

Comment

****ing printers again. Just what is the ****ing problem with printers? They're slow, unresponsive, a pain the arse to get working properly sometimes and the ink is a scandalous rip-off. Why, for the love of ****ing god, are printing and printers so **** in 2021?

Comment

The word 'staffer' in widespread use now as replacement for the word 'staff' which means literally the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              ****ing printers again. Just what is the ****ing problem with printers? They're slow, unresponsive, a pain the arse to get working properly sometimes and the ink is a scandalous rip-off. Why, for the love of ****ing god, are printing and printers so **** in 2021?
                              The most infuriating devices you will ever have to use.

Comment

We got tired of the inkjet drying up and when you need it for things like plane tickets with barcodes it was too streaky to scan, so we bought a laser and we're a lot happier.

I can totally relate to the rage connecting to them though, when nothing has changed, but it refuses to see the printer 2 hours after it was printing happily.

Comment

Working...
                                X