Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that Dogg. Hope the next step presents itself soon.

Comment

Sorry about that [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]. What was your business, by tge way?

Comment

This makes me mad. It's almost as if Cressida Dick, who recently denied the Met is not institutionally racist, is trying to get a job with Trump when she inevitably is forced to stand down.

If it were a copper (PC Blakelock comes to mind) or an abducted white toddler (Madeleine McCann) then there would be infinite resources to keep the cases open and ongoing.

**** the racist Met.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Put out the official word today that my little business is closing after six years. Made me a bit sad, to be honest. It was a weird decision to come to in that it wasn’t that we couldn’t keep it going, it’s that we couldn’t keep it going while being true to why we set it up in the first place and so it seemed right to let it go. No idea what comes next. Well, at least everything else in the world is going great so... oh.
          Sorry to hear that Dogg. Very principled decision and I'm sure you'll go on to success elsewhere.

Comment

Put out the official word today that my little business is closing after six years. Made me a bit sad, to be honest. It was a weird decision to come to in that it wasn’t that we couldn’t keep it going, it’s that we couldn’t keep it going while being true to why we set it up in the first place and so it seemed right to let it go. No idea what comes next. Well, at least everything else in the world is going great so... oh.
            That's terrible DT. I wish you the best.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate that. It is sad and what has made it even more bittersweet are the messages of support we've had since announcing it, especially from people who've been our crew with many of them saying that we've been the best job they ever had. It's sad we don't get to continue that because I know it's a tough workplace out there for them. But really, it's not actually terrible. It's not our first choice, obviously, but our hand wasn't forced and having control of that and knowing it was the right thing to do without having our backs up against the wall (which would have been rough) has made it okay. It was time to call it.

Still sad though! We actually achieved a huge amount in our short time. We have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for.
              [MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION] - I'm in the kids media business. Animation mostly.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate that. It is sad and what has made it even more bittersweet are the messages of support we've had since announcing it, especially from people who've been our crew with many of them saying that we've been the best job they ever had. It's sad we don't get to continue that because I know it's a tough workplace out there for them. But really, it's not actually terrible. It's not our first choice, obviously, but our hand wasn't forced and having control of that and knowing it was the right thing to do without having our backs up against the wall (which would have been rough) has made it okay. It was time to call it.

Still sad though! We actually achieved a huge amount in our short time. We have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for.
                [MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION] - I'm in the kids media business. Animation mostly.

Your in ireland arent you ? would you qualify for the Covid19 payment ? ...its helped me a lot though bloody waiting on it.

Irk of mine was driving all the way to dublin for my dads scan results when they could and should have just told him on video call or phone call (all clear thankfully)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  Your in ireland arent you ? would you qualify for the Covid19 payment ? ...its helped me a lot though bloody waiting on it.
                  Really not sure. Maybe, although I have some freelance work on right now that might make me exempt. I'll look into it, thanks.

Comment

Really not sure. Maybe, although I have some freelance work on right now that might make me exempt. I'll look into it, thanks.
                    Think it depends on if the closure was as a result of the Covid 19

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      Think it depends on if the closure was as a result of the Covid 19
                      Ah okay. No it was unrelated.

Comment

Sorry to hear this @Dogg Thang. You're an exceptionally gifted artist - I still remember the sketches you used to knock out for us forumites back on Swapnote on the 3DS - and I can't imagine you won't find a meaningful and rewarding new outlet for your talents.
                        Last edited by Golgo; 12-08-2020, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          Sorry to hear this @Dogg Thang. You're an exceptionally gifted artist - I still remember the sketches you used to knock out for us forumites back on Swapnote on the 3DS - and I can't imagine you won't find a meaningful and rewarding new outlet for your talents.
                          Sorry to hear the bad news Dogg Thang, I've only seen a couple of your images but they were so good I wished I could produce similar art.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            Those were the days!!

Comment

Wtf? So financially you were ok? But shut it due to “not being true to the original idea”?

Comment

Do you have any animation on youtube? Must say the nursery rhymne animation looks lucrative on there! There are a lot of studios making them, of varying quality, but most are in the millions of views for each video.

Comment

Working...
                                X