• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    Who's Zelda collection is that?
    I have no idea

Comment

I know Covid is serious an' all, but the way it has transformed the Health and Safety guys at work is an irk. They've gone from being amusingly annoying jobsworths and pests to being absolute monarchs whose every fanciful whim becomes law. And they seem to be having the time of their lives now that they can't simply be ignored. It feels almost as if Covid was Satan's gift to Health and Safety.

Comment

I finally got half (£400) of what I'm owed (£800) for that Lime Scooters job I did a couple of months back.

Now they want to replace all of the content across all six of the pages for an extra £200 before EOB tomorrow.

Comment

Sounds like you're being squeezed by Lime.

Comment

Probably mentioned this before but anyway,

Search engines not just google but searching on sites like Amazon, Ebay, Youtube, and Jobs sites seem to have got a hell of a lot worse. I remember on youtube I was searching for a song i remembered the song name (cannot remember it now though) and searched and it brought up songs with the same name but not the one as i was looking for and as i scrolled down it had loads that nothing to do with what i searched for. And that seems to happen a lot across variety of sites.

Comment

Using google's password thingy to change old compromised passwords on loads of old sites, many of which I still use. Some of them don't exist though, so it brought back some good memories, but irked I can't see stuff any more.

Comment

Asteroid Spotting - it irks me we're not investing in solving this problem instead of buying new weapons systems.

One little fact-nugget in this video from Veritasium (which is a great YT channel) is that since 1988, 1200 asteroids bigger than a metre have hit the Earth and we've only detected 5 of them (with a day's warning).

I know what you're thinking: 'Did he say six asteroids or only five?'. Being these things are some of the most powerful impact forces in the universe, and could blow mankind clean off the planet, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

And this is the "Map of Doom" mentioned at the end of Veritasium's video

Last edited by MartyG; 30-11-2020, 16:20.

Comment

The way PS+ 'auto-renewal' always defaults back to on even though you clearly set it to off. Done it again this year, and every year. I think they sneak it out as small print as part of general system updates, which obviously you 'accept' without reading. The filthy sons of bitches.

Comment

As many feared, the instrument platform hovering above the Arecibo observatory's 305m reflector dish fell overnight, delivering the coup de grace. The observatory was damaged last August after a cable detached, damaging the dish; due to the structure's old age, repair under safe conditions wasn't possible and the National Science Foundation already announced they would close down the site a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      As many feared, the instrument platform hovering above the Arecibo observatory's 305m reflector dish fell overnight, delivering the coup de grace. The observatory was damaged last August after a cable detached, damaging the dish; due to the structure's old age, repair under safe conditions wasn't possible and the National Science Foundation already announced they would close down the site a couple of weeks ago.
                      So... Did Sean Bean die, or

Comment

Ikea have shut off ALL customer service completely, making issues absolutely impossible to deal with. Ordered some bits for our spare bedroom (£400 worth) about 4 weeks ago and it missed the del date. They have literally gone on blackout for all lines of communication and the stores (lakeside in my case) wont deal with the online side.

Seriously f****d off at this now and there's absolute no excuse for not having SOME form of communication to deal with issues.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-12-2020, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          So... Did Sean Bean die, or
                          For England, James?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            For England, James?
                            No. For me.

(Slappers only, no Odd Job)

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Ikea have shut off ALL customer service completely, making issues absolutely impossible to deal with. Ordered some bits for out spare bedroom £400 worth about 4 weeks ago and it missed the del date. They have literally gone on blackout for all lines of communication and the stores (lakeside in my case) wont deal with the online side.

Seriously f****d off at this now and there's absolute no excuse for not having SOME form of communication to deal with issues.
                              I have had a veritable smörgåsbord of IKEA-related issues throughout this year (we bought a new kitchen and ripped out the old one just as COVID hit and they refused to install, as a starter for ten), but this sounds like they've let things escalate to a particularly hellish point. You have my sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                I have had a veritable smörgåsbord of IKEA-related issues throughout this year (we bought a new kitchen and ripped out the old one just as COVID hit and they refused to install, as a starter for ten), but this sounds like they've let things escalate to a particularly hellish point. You have my sympathy.
                                They’ve shut their support from,

Phone lines.
                                Email.
                                Chat support (replaced with a useless bot).
                                Twitter.
                                Facebook.

So what the hell are people supposed to do?

Also, you case is 100x worse, did you get it resolved?
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-12-2020, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X