This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Pfff, it's not like you need gas for central heating or anything in February.
    Just lucky it was Friday just gone at 10c and not the Friday before at -10c.

Whole crew were back working Sat to work out what happened, turns out our gas was coming from the wrong direction and had been changed at some point, so there were no plans showing the house on that line, honest mistake in the end but took them ages to find out what was going on.

Comment

I really couldn't give a rat's turd about Mr. and Mrs. Markle but this kind of hypocrisy always grips my **** more than I should let it. The gambit to get out of the public/media spotlight was clearly just a way to keep them firmly in the public/media spotlight: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56234900. Their whole existence continues to be predicated on monetizing their profile in the media, whether directly or through lawsuits.

Comment

Yeah but they don't want to do it as a royal couple, just a celebrity couple.

Comment

So they wriggle out of the modicum of 'public duty/service' that royalty routinely use to justify their parasitical existence, while maintaining - indeed, while amplifying massively as a source of income - the media exposure that was ostensibly ruining their lives. Even to the extent of producing Diana documentaries. Like I said, I shouldn't really care. I'm not a royalist, but such high-profile hypocrisy is always an irk no matter where it originates.

Comment

It is hypocritical however in their defence this is a different sort of publicity.

Harry can live the Hollywood lifestyle now though instead of being holed up in castles with drizzly weather and going to boring hospital openings etc. He doesn't have to follow royal dress codes, can guest star in sitcoms, so interviews with whoever he wants and be himself. He can make films and do podcasts and smoke weed with Rogan. We always knew he wasn't one to conform when he joined the army and dressed up as hitler. I bet Prince William wishes he thought of it!

Comment

Booking holidays from work. Why does it have to be such a faff on?

Comment

If you live in Knottingley and have been waiting a while for a DHL parcel, year, its not coming and has been returned, all service is suspended for the time being in that area due to van break ins, interceptions & actual hjackings.

Comment

It'll end for Harry and Meghan like it normally does for breaking rank royals. Eventual public hatred and obscurity before divorce. You'd think now he's out the royals would finally admit who his real Dad is

Comment

Gmail. It's just so crap and counterintuitive it bewilders me every afresh, every time I use it. To such a degree I can almost begin to admire how comprehensively bad it is. It must have taken considerable effort to design that way.

Comment

Yeah, it did. Gmail was basically perfected about a year after it launched and has been getting worse ever since.

Comment

Someone didn't stop at a traffic light and had part of their car sliced up by one of our airplane's propeller.
                        Hopefully this won't lead to more restrictions on a major road (that already has a very well visible traffic light dedicated to airplane croosing).

Comment

Wait, what? You have roads there... where airplanes cross? Like it's kind of like a cycle lane but for airplanes?

Comment

It's a taxiway from the production plant to the airport crossing a road. Similar to what many other airports do, like Charles de Gaulle in Paris, only there's no underpassage for cars, just a traffic light.

Comment

Like on Gibraltar, where pedestrians and traffic have to wait before crossing the runway while planes take off and land.

Comment

Wilmslow Road A538 goes under both runways at Manchester.

Comment

Working...
                                X