This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single mosquito in Chiyoda-ku makes ¥999999 a month working from home

The company that’s harder to get into than Harvard’s Tropical Disease Research Department

Meet Blinkist, the app all the mosquito CEOs are talking about

Comment

People who think they are perfect, especially morally, and act as such at every available opportunity.

Except, when one drills down into their behaviours and actions, all that said actions ever amount to is constant, universal carping and criticism, never producing anything meaningful, no change, no benefit to others, that surely such perfect people could and should be producing!?!

Like back seat drivers on everything, on life.

Comment

Nobody is perfect. I have a suspicion though that those who try to come across that way are very, very aware of their own shortcomings. Often it's either an attempt to hide them or an attempt to deny them and overcompensate.

That said, that doesn't mean we shouldn't always strive for better. We are complex beings. We can have our weaknesses, our failings, our dark sides and none of that should take away from an attempt to do better. I feel we shouldn't be judged by our worst selves.

You know, unless our worst self is pretty damaging consistently.

Comment

Agreed. It's hard though. Worthwhile.

Comment

The absolute F*****S who smashed up and stole a defibrillator at a football club the same day Christian Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest on pitch yesterday.

Makes my blood boil. The s***s that did this took photos of themselves doing it too. A 17 year old has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage.

The South East coast ambulance has loaned a new one for the club and I suspect from the coverage it has gotten their supposed Go Fund Me has been forfilled for a new one. The only good that has come from yesterday is many football clubs are now raising money to get their own. They are literally lifesaving equipment, I have been lucky enough not ever needed to use one in an emergency but get trained with using them every year. I really hope those who vandalised that one at the football club get named and shamed but I bet they won't

Comment

A 17-year-old man has been arrested.

The only good thing to take from this is that loads of people offered to replace the defibrillator and more clubs have started to get one after Eriksen's collapse.

Comment

School photo's time again. They sent Jr2's photo's back with one shot of her and one of the price options for an 8x6 print is £12 - there's also a group shot but she isn't even on it, it just seems to be an option for creepy people who want photo's of other peoples kids

The theory that the school is a money laundering operation continues

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  The theory that the school is a money laundering operation continues
                  There's definitely a film synopsis in that!

Comment

Need a passport sorting out (not for me) and as it's a first adult passport they require an interview - fine. Interviews are being held over Skype due to Covid - sure, that's easier if anything.

But as I've found, it isn't Skype - the program you find installed as default on almost every Internet-connected device - it's the significantly less compatible Skype for Business.

Tried the phone, too old. Tried the Kindle, too old. No bother, they just got a new Kindle HD Fire with Skype pre-installed, surely can do Skype for Business? Of course not, even with workarounds. Fine then, use my Chromebook - will take normal Skype with a workaround, but not Skype for Business. At this point I was a tad irritated.

The (hopefully) final solution is that I've had to buy a webcam so they can come round and use my desktop computer for the interview. What a load of guff.

Comment

[MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION], use this background filter:

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        Need a passport sorting out (not for me) and as it's a first adult passport they require an interview - fine. Interviews are being held over Skype due to Covid - sure, that's easier if anything.

But as I've found, it isn't Skype - the program you find installed as default on almost every Internet-connected device - it's the significantly less compatible Skype for Business.

Tried the phone, too old. Tried the Kindle, too old. No bother, they just got a new Kindle HD Fire with Skype pre-installed, surely can do Skype for Business? Of course not, even with workarounds. Fine then, use my Chromebook - will take normal Skype with a workaround, but not Skype for Business. At this point I was a tad irritated.

The (hopefully) final solution is that I've had to buy a webcam so they can come round and use my desktop computer for the interview. What a load of guff.
                        Skype for Business is an exercise in frustration. I think many of the issues stem from the fact that while it's branded Skype, it's actually a retooled version of Microsoft Lync, an entirely separate piece of business conferencing software (which itself was a pretty goddamn horrible experience when I had to use it on the reg at one point).

Microsoft do many things well (like making Xboxs), but I hate when my clients are all-in on Microsoft stuff and we have to use Teams and all the rest of it with them. They basically bodged together Google Docs, Slack and Zoom into one and it doesn't work as well as any of those tools do individually. It's usually large organisations that are using MS 365 like this in my experience so no surprise you're having to use Skype for Business for a governmental thing.

Comment

Pasta Salad.

Salad should be relatively healthy with a mix of raw or cooked vegetables, usually seasoned with oil, vinegar, or other dressing and sometimes accompanied by meat, fish, or other ingredients.

You try and get something healthy from the supermarket and there about 15 different types of pasta salad, loaded with carbs and calories from the layers of pasta, creamy sauce and Southern fried chicken!

Comment

I love the spinach pesto and pine nut pasta salads but they are just bathed in so much oil there is nothing 'salad' about it! I have it on a rare occasion as a side but man its good!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              @Hirst, use this background filter:
                              It was bad enough that I had to take down all my posters.

Comment

How eBay encourages people, these days, to use a stock image if they don't have a photo of the item.

Everyone has smartphones now, or at least, everyone who is likely to use eBay.

If it's a stock photo I just have to assume there's something the seller wants to hide.

Comment

Working...
                                X