Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or just get married. I’m with Kryss here. I didn’t elope but I had a small registry office thing with just a few close people and then a small dinner afterwards (I had beer and chips because that’s what I wanted) and every post from Blobcat on this wedding brings me out in a rash. You guys are no doubt going to have a fantastic marriage. That’s what’s important. I just hope you don’t burn out planning this megawedding. Of that if you do, it at least isn’t as stressful on the day itself. I’m rooting for you guys!

Comment

Bro-in-law is getting married soon, so I'm having flashbacks to mine a lot at the moment.

I think the thing to remember is that anyone sane there is completely cheering for you. At the very core, people are really pleased for the two of you and anything extra is a bonus.
      I know we'll be supportive of you - the 47 odd of us from the forum who are planning on crashing...

In contrast to other posts, our wedding was massive and although we sometimes think about how that money could be spent now, we don't really regret it as it was such an ace day and friends still talk to us about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        and friends still talk to us about it now.
        It's true. Everyday, I remind QC that I wasn't invited

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Or just get married. I’m with Kryss here. I didn’t elope but I had a small registry office thing with just a few close people and then a small dinner afterwards (I had beer and chips because that’s what I wanted) and every post from Blobcat on this wedding brings me out in a rash. You guys are no doubt going to have a fantastic marriage. That’s what’s important. I just hope you don’t burn out planning this megawedding. Of that if you do, it at least isn’t as stressful on the day itself. I’m rooting for you guys!
          Agree 100%, we had a RO wedding with four guests. Seems anything to do with a wedding and you start adding a few extra zeroes on the end of the bill.

If you rang a photographer and said can you come and take some family pictures at a day event we are having you'll probably end up with a quote for a few hundred, once you say it's actually a wedding you're in the thousands.

Comment

WC had a huge marriage because he wanted it to kick off, Heroes of the East style. He wanted teacups thrown, men leaping from balconies onto tables, guests busting out shapes on the stairs, and a white-haired vicar with a long beard cackling and asking you two goddamn bastards if your kung fu is fit to challenge the rival dojo in Walsall.

Comment

True story: 3/4 of Foregone Conclusion were my wedding band.

Comment

Watching that Amazon programme on tv. What a **** company. Gung-ho Americanised anti-worker kernts who have zero regard for their workforce. That’s what we have to look forward to in Brexit Britain :-)

Comment

True story: 3/4 of Foregone Conclusion were my wedding band.

I'm irked that I wasn't allowed a mariachi band for my wedding.

Comment

I know it's petty, but that's the point of the thread.

There's one department that think it's okay to start having their lunch at their desks about half an hour before lunch break.
                    They'll wander off and heat their food, then come back and eat.
                    This leaves them with the full lunch break to do what they want, whereas everyone else has to use their allocated lunch break.

It's even in the company rules to not eat hot food at your desk.

No manager or Director seems to clamp down on this, but either we can all do it, or nobody does.

Comment

QC, I like you, but you're sounding like a narc.

(j/k )

Comment

The Brit awards and radio giving the masses the assumption that modern music only consists of people like Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish. What about Squarepusher, Bat for lashes, DJ Shadow or the hundreds of artists making a wealth of different Genres. But no.

Comment

Rude/ badly behaved kids at the dentist.

It's that time of year. Had only 2 out of the 10 or so families that were well behaved. Don't mind those that talk and ask questions. Its the ones that fight (as in literally leaping on and hitting siblings in the chair whilst they are having treatment), are genuinely rude, ignore parents and the dentists when warning them to stop doing something and those that just want to break things/ injure themselves in the surgery.

Don't know how I'm going to survive the rest of the week, it's only Tuesday!

My mum would just look at me in a certain way and I knew to behave if I was messing about where I shouldn't be!

Comment

I know it's petty, but that's the point of the thread.

There's one department that think it's okay to start having their lunch at their desks about half an hour before lunch break.
                            They'll wander off and heat their food, then come back and eat.
                            This leaves them with the full lunch break to do what they want, whereas everyone else has to use their allocated lunch break.

It's even in the company rules to not eat hot food at your desk.

No manager or Director seems to clamp down on this, but either we can all do it, or nobody does.
                            Hmmm. That's a bit cheeky actually. I think you should trial this yourself with cold food at your desk for the first few weeks.

#CheekyChimp

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              QC, I like you, but you're sounding like a narc.
                              I have to fight the kneejerk reaction to sound like one sometimes.

Something I've observed over the years, as someone who was raised in a strict family, is that I have a kneejerk reaction that I have to ignore when I see people violate accepted social "rules" in a way that I wouldn't. Like, I often see people cross a road in a manner where they just stop traffic, because they're super-important apparently and can just cross whenever the **** they want and don't care for the concerns of anyone else.

I always had it instilled into me that you act in a courteous manner, even when no-one is watching. It took me years to realise that this feeling may have been maybe 30% indignation, was 70% envy. Like they were doing something I simply can't do because my desire to be courteous just wouldn't let me.

In my 20s I thought this was just the norm, until I got older and learned a bit more and realised that this isn't a universal thing; some people just don't process it. Like it doesn't register with them. This is a much better way to be, I think, simply because so many people clearly don't care about this stuff and that can be stressful.

Only thing left for me is queuejumping. I always call out queuejumpers. Can't deal with that. Height of rudeness.

Comment

This is why I avoid leaving the house as much as possible. I can't handle people anymore. Most of them are either selfish or imbeciles (or both).

Comment

Working...
                                X