Celebrity Deaths Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobby Stiles;
    Nobby Stiles, a key member of England's 1966 World Cup-winning team, dies aged 78 after a long illness.

England legend and also member of the magic circle, he made Eusebio disappear in the 1966 semi-final.

RIP, you deserved better treatment by the scumbags in charge of the FA.

Comment

Sean Connery has died aged 90. Probably go back and watch a few of his films this weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

Honestly thought Micheal Caine would go before him.

RIP

Comment

His best films was time bandits, the untouchables and the mining one in space.

Comment

We are fans of Hunt for Red October, Highlander and The Rock as well as Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.

Might be watching Entrapment later which we have been randomly talking about alot recently, I haven't seen it since it came out on VHS.

Comment

Aye he was canny in highlander.

Comment

He had a good innings, for me the best Bond, I also liked him in The Name of the Rose, Rising Sun and The Presidio.

Not a good couple of days for British legends from the sixties, RIP.

Comment

Another childhood hero gone....

Best bond, only person who could pull off being Indiana Jones's dad..

RIP..

Comment

2020 continues to lack any form of redemption. Massively sad day.

I'm shaken... and stirred

Comment

I forgot the anderson tapes!!!

Comment

Vale Sir Sean.

Best Bond. Great Scotsman. Thanks for the many, many great movies.

Comment

Highlander was the first movie I ever owned... Fair play he had a good innings and a great life. Legend.

Comment

I'm sadder about Bobby Ball, tbh. I saw him live in Blackpool in 1986 with Cannon at the Winter Gardens when I was 11. He was VERY funny.

Him and Rik Mayall, brilliant physical comedians. They worked together back in the mid-80s and I saw a clip yonks back on YouTube where Rik enthused greatly over working with the Cannon and the Ball.

Connery made a few great movies...Ball and Mayall were the lynchpins of my sense of humour. True genii.

Comment

Bobby Davro was great, too. Like, REALLY great. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

You wouldn't have known that from his telly output but, believe me, the whole house were laughing their heads off, numerous times.

I was there. I have witnessed.

Comment

I've seen loads of vintage comedians.

It's just sad I've shagged slightly less women than the amount of vintage comedians I've seen live in my life.

Comment

I've seen Bernard Manning, too. Leeds Town Hall, 1992, I was 17. Mam's boyfriend took us all.

He was too negative. He was actually a witty man when he had to be clean but it was like a Nazi rally that night and it just felt wrong to me.

I saw Giant Haystacks wrestle at the same venue in that very same year. I don't think it was too long after that he died.

(Prime disappointment was not seeing Kendo Nagasaki).

Comment

Working...
                                X