• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Dame Vera Lynn has died today

103!!!

Dang good innings there
    What a woman. RIP

Comment

RIP Vera, in her own way did a lot for us in the war, whenever someone mentions her name I always think of that banned Ford advert.

Comment

I know her only from the Pink Floyd song. Had no idea she was still alive.

Comment

Makes me think of "Has anyone got any Veras??" in Ebeneezer Goode.

103 is a serious age to reach!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Dame Vera Lynn has died today

103!!!

Dang good innings there
            Wow, 103. Very good innings.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

Sorted

Comment

Remembering the time Vera Lynn headlined an anti-drugs benefit gig with Hawkwind and Lemmy: https://www.nme.com/blogs/dame-vera-...-lemmy-2690867

Comment

She was a pretty cool lady even late in life.

Comment

The versatile actor went from the RSC and Harold Pinter to international movie stardom with roles as the hobbit Bilbo Baggins and an android in Alien

Ian Holm has died aged 88

Comment

RIP Sir Ian Holm.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

Luhhhhvlyyyy!!

To this day I never knew what he was saying, nor did I ever think to find out.

It's 9:25 on a warm Saturday morning a few stops outside Tokyo. I'm at work and we're about to start our manufacturing run in less than a minute. Machines are spinning up. I'm eating a sandwich at the desk. Not just any sandwich. A crustless, Japanese sandwich sealed at the edges.

And now I know what he was saying in the song. And it's all thanks to you, you lovely person.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Very sad what an Actor. He really helped make Alien with his performance, which still scares the hell out of me

Comment

88 is a jolly good innings, verily so. Let's not have sadness, let us have optimism!!!

RIP Mr Holm. You had a great innings and shone brightly in all the movies you were in!!!

Comment

Famed costume designer-turned-director Joel Schumacher has died in New York City on Monday morning. Schumacher passed away after a year-long battle with cancer at the age of 80. The openly gay Schumacher started out working in the fashion industry before segueing to film first as a costume designer on Woody Allen’s “Sleeper” and “Interiors,” then […]

Joel Schumacher has died aged 80. Schumacher directed films such as St Elmo's Fire, The Lost Boys, Flatliners, The Client, A Time to Kill, Phone Booth, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin

Comment

Ennio Morricone, Prolific Italian Composer for the Movies, Dies at 91

"The Italian composer, who scored more than 500 films — seven for his countryman Leone after they had met as kids in elementary school — died in Rome following complications from a fall last week in which he broke his femur.

'Days of Heaven,' 'The Mission,' 'Cinema Paradiso', 'The Untouchables', 'Bugsy', 'A Fistful of Dollars', 'For a Few Dollars More', 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly', 'Once Upon a Time in the West' and 'The Hateful Eight' to name but a few.

He did not like the term “spaghetti Western” and noted that his work in that genre represented just a fraction of his career.

That is obvious, as his brilliant body of work includes collaborations with other notable directors like Gillo Pontecorvo (1966’s The Battle of Algiers), Don Siegel (1970’s Two Mules for Sister Sara), Bernardo Bertolucci (1976’s 1900), John Boorman (1977’s Exorcist II: The Heretic), Edouard Molinaro (1978’s La Cage aux Folles), John Carpenter (1982’s The Thing), William Friedkin (1987’s Rampage), Brian De Palma (1987’s The Untouchables), Pedro Almodovar (1989’s Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!), Franco Zeffirelli (1990’s Hamlet), Wolfgang Petersen (1993’s In the Line of Fire), Mike Nichols (1994’s Wolf) and Warren Beatty (1998’s Bulworth)."

Comment

Working...
                                X