DS recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Slighlty OT but I found a cart only copy of this in a box of Ninty stuff I have the other day. No idea where it came from, will give it a whirl. Or flog it.
    OMG, don't flog it. Play it. It's incredible.

Comment

My 2p would be Rune Factory, Chousoujuu Mecha MG, The Combini, Tales of Hearts (although that is on the Vita in English now), Phantasy Star Zero, and the two ChibiRobo games.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Ooooh cheers for the thread. I’ll look through the big one too. So far I’ve been playing Infinate Space and a an english translation of the Sandlot Mech game. Any other suggestions?
        There's not that much English in it that you need, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          There's not that much English in it that you need, is there?
          The story and dialogue?

Comment

Anno 1701.

Comment

The story and dialogue?
              Meh: GIANT ROBOT SMASH.

Oh, and Google the code for the 1-shot ICBM tank.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Phantasy Star Zero
                I’ve just started playing this online again after a year or so hiatus. There is quite an active Japanese community playing regularly but us rest-of-worlders have to schedule games to make it worthwhile.

If anyone wants to join us then feel free to reply. We usually meet at around 9pm on Sundays.

Settings to get back online are as follows (no flash cart or AR required, now works with standard carts):

For normal DS games (WEP/unsecured needed)... Start your game from the home menu like you usually do, and navigate to the WiFi settings. Set the WiFi up or edit your connection as you normally would, but set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No", then set the primary DNS to 164.132.44.106 and the secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8. Save and return to the game. You *should* connect to Wiimmfi's servers, unless the game is unsupported, or something is wrong with your setup. Check https://wiimmfi.de/error for details.

Edit: delete any online settings already stored on the cart before doing the above, else it can kick up errors. And yes this does mean you will get a new FC.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Anno 1701.
                  Recommend that one myself and not just because I work at the publisher when it released, great title.

There was a second Anno game on DS called: Anno: Create A New World (This one was based on the Wii game, but if you have a Wii I'd go for a Wii version.)

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    I’ve just started playing this online again after a year or so hiatus. There is quite an active Japanese community playing regularly but us rest-of-worlders have to schedule games to make it worthwhile.

If anyone wants to join us then feel free to reply. We usually meet at around 9pm on Sundays.

Settings to get back online are as follows (no flash cart or AR required, now works with standard carts):

For normal DS games (WEP/unsecured needed)... Start your game from the home menu like you usually do, and navigate to the WiFi settings. Set the WiFi up or edit your connection as you normally would, but set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No", then set the primary DNS to 164.132.44.106 and the secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8. Save and return to the game. You *should* connect to Wiimmfi's servers, unless the game is unsupported, or something is wrong with your setup. Check https://wiimmfi.de/error for details.

Edit: delete any online settings already stored on the cart before doing the above, else it can kick up errors. And yes this does mean you will get a new FC.
                    Sounds interesting, how does it play? etc?

Comment

Live action RPG, same as the other games in the Phantasy Star Online series. Create your character and shoot or slash enemies for loot.

Comment

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but that Konami Arcade Classics is very decent. Think I bought my copy off someone on here in like 2007/8. Still got it.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but that Konami Arcade Classics is very decent. Think I bought my copy off someone on here in like 2007/8. Still got it.
                          Hold onto it, as that one goes for £50+ even in japan it's a nice collection too. Theres a few more on ds like the intellivision one and theres an atari collection too but i only have those in rom form at the moment.

Comment

Didn't know that, it seemed to be around £10-£15 for yonks. Having said that, I'm holding onto it for play's sake (and I spilt tea on the cover). Nice playing Green Beret on the bus!

Comment

Yeah it's worth keeping for playing as it's got a nice selection of games on it, i prefer it to the namco collection as that is pretty barebones in comparison however it does have pacman vs which is why i got it as thats a great game all on it's own. The DS is getting to the point now where certain titles are starting to climb steeply in price and yet others remain £10 or less which is great for bargain hunting for some good stuff to play i recently picked up dragon quest monsters joker 1 & 2 for £3.60 each and that was including postage for those prices i couldn't say no as i have been tempted to try them for years.

Comment

Very much like PSO, moreso than any of the other releases like PSU etc. However as you can’t use a keyboard on the DS, communication works differently. You can scrawl hand-written messages to one another, or send pre-drawn messages/artwork.

My claim to fame, a year or so ago I designed a chat message that has made its way around the online community (you can copy other people’s messages to your own message bank):

Comment

Working...
                                X